BSOD on Win 8.1 & R-Crypto

Forum on data and privacy protection and encryption, file and disk wipe, computer cleaning, and removing traces of user activity
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Wipe & Clean and R-Crypto software

BSOD on Win 8.1 & R-Crypto

Postby MerleOne » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:12 am

Hi,
I just had a BSOD while trying to close a container made with R-Crypto (1.5 b 3346). Is this frequent ? Also the container resize function is not working apparently, is this normal ?

Thanks.
MerleOne

Re: BSOD on Win 8.1 & R-Crypto

Postby Alt » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:13 pm

I constantly use R-Crypto on Windows 8.1, and everything goes on smoothly.
Was it a single case, or did that happened several times?
Alt
Site Moderator

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

Alt wrote:I constantly use R-Crypto on Windows 8.1, and everything goes on smoothly.
Was it a single case, or did that happened several times?

Thanks for your answer. It was a single case. It occured when I tried to disconnect an encrypted container, which was locked by some other app. I was give the choice to cancel or try again, I chose try again or something like that and it occured at that moment. Since then, I never close a container when I get such a warning, I try to find what is locking it, close it and try again.

Postby Alt » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:30 am

Most likely this was some system application.
Alt
Site Moderator

Postby MerleOne » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:38 am

Yet another BSOD when unmounting a R-Crypto container, again on Win 8.1, see .zip file attached to this post, created by BlueScreenView from Nir Sofer. Clearly it's the filesystem that causes this issue. Should I contact R-TT support ? I can send them the minidump for further analysis if required.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MerleOne

Postby Alt » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:46 am

MerleOne wrote:Yet another BSOD when unmounting a R-Crypto container, again on Win 8.1, see .zip file attached to this post, created by BlueScreenView from Nir Sofer. Clearly it's the filesystem that causes this issue. Should I contact R-TT support ? I can send them the minidump for further analysis if required.

Thanks.

Sorry for the delay with the answer. Yes, contacting the techsupport would be the best option.
Alt
Site Moderator

Return to Data and privacy protection