Data recovery to Windows Embedded

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
tstalzer

Data recovery to Windows Embedded

Post by tstalzer » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:59 am

Hello

We are a software development company working on a home automation integration system, which we want to deploy on Windows Embedded computers.

We are looking for a solution, where we can create sort of a "Master" implementation on a reference computer and copy the exact contents of the disk to other computers (same hardware).

We get the embedded computers (1GB drives) with Windows Embedded preinstalled. The computers do not have a video/graphics card (access for us is via RDP). I successfully created an image of a drive, however I have not come up with a solution on how to install this on the other computers.

Preferably, I would like to be able to do an unattended install. I would like to be able to put everything on an USB stick, plug it into the other computer, reboot and have the whole image being copied from the USB stick onto the disk. However, I found no way of making scripts for the startup disk.

What is the recommended way of doing this?

Regards

Thomas

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Data recovery to Windows Embedded

Post by Alt » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:41 am

R-Drive Image can provide such functionality. See R-Drive Image help for some basic information. I recommend you to contact our sales department for more information. I'll tell them about your request.