Forum on data and disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy.
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
Image created from Thinkpad T400 Western DIgital ATA drive, size of drive 159gb but only operating system installed and data size is only couple gigs.
Image stored on network server.
Created a bootup CD from version 4.5.4509
Removed ATA drive and dropped in a Kingston 128gb Solid State Drive and booted with RDrive CD
Mapped IP address, Mask, Gateway and RDrive found the small archive on server.
Pointed to destination as new Kingston SSD and software stopped with destination size smaller than source.
What? Can't it figure out that there is only couple gigs of data and automatically adjust to smaller destination?
Did I create the new image in wrong format/wrong options?
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:48 pm
Please, check the following:
When creating image:
1. Did you select Useful data only on the Image Option panel?
When restoring data:
2. Did you select only the partition rather than the entire disk on the Image Object Selection panel?
3. Did you adjust the partition size accordingly on the Restore/Copy Parameters panel?
- Site Moderator
- Posts: 2162
- Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:13 pm
Return to Data Backup and Restore
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests