It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 12:28 am

News News of Data Backup and Restore

Site map of Data Backup and Restore » Forum : Data Backup and Restore

Forum on data and disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software

R-Drive Image 6.1.6106

A new build of R-Drive Image is available for download.
New features:
+ Startup version: support for SMBv2 and SMBv3 network protocols is added.

Improvements:
* Startup version: Linux kernel 4.11.2

Bugfixes:
- A MaxOSX HDD consisting of a GPT UEFI system partition + data partition + system reserved partition could not be copied or restored with its size squeezed. Fixed.
- The startup version sometimes could not connect to WindowsXP servers using the SMB ...
Read more : R-Drive Image 6.1.6106 | Views : 3 | Replies : 0

R-Drive Image recovery disc and mapped network drives

I am having a small issue with R-Drive Image. I have used the product for many years, but I only really use the R-Drive Image recovery disc. I generate recovery images for my servers/workstations, and in one environment I create/restore these via a mapped network drive. I successfully did this using a 6.0 version back in Feb 2017. I am now using 6102 (I know there are newer versions available, but I'm not positive this ...
Read more : R-Drive Image recovery disc and mapped network drives | Views : 74 | Replies : 6

Automatic mount / unmount

Hi,

I am currently testing the trail version of R Drive and I wanted to see if its possible to schedule a daily backup which first mounts a windows network share - does the backup to this share and then unmounts once its finishes.

The reason is I want to protect from a ransomware attack, if I go down the removable / external HD route then its adding a barrier to my automatic backups.

Cheers ...
Read more : Automatic mount / unmount | Views : 94 | Replies : 1

Error when copying with r-drive, corrupted image

Good morning, I downloaded the latest version of R-drive, a week ago
The copy performs well but fails the verification.
I changed the external usb disk for another, the fault persists
I made a CHKDSK on the local disk, with no apparent errors
I check ignore bad sectors and perform copy now, but fails.
I've check the event viewer without seeing anything strange
The error that I receive by email is the following:

R-Drive Image ...
Read more : Error when copying with r-drive, corrupted image | Views : 92 | Replies : 5

R-Drive Image 6.1.6105

Startup version:
Improvements
* A new Linux kernel 4.10.8
* A new startup option: GUI (Safe Mode), in which Linux kernel video drivers are used instead of xorg drivers. May be useful for the Intel HD520/530 built-in video adapter.

Bugfixes
- The Safe mode didn't work in the VMware environment. Fixed.
- DHCP query might started before receiving the Initialization success message from network adapters.
Read more : R-Drive Image 6.1.6105 | Views : 287 | Replies : 0

R-Drive Image - Exclude Folders?

I am looking for something that can make a restorable image of a system partition (the system partition uses the entire disk) that allows the user to select folders that will be excluded from the image.

Can R-Drive Image do this?

Thank you.
Read more : R-Drive Image - Exclude Folders? | Views : 199 | Replies : 0

R-Drive Image 6.1.6104

Improvements:
* BIOS RAID detection is improved in the startup version.

Bugfixes
- Scheduler tasks under a user account were created without elevated privileges. Fixed.
- 16-bit applications, specified in the AUX field on the Scheduler -> Backup panel, could not start. Fixed.
- The Next button on the Scheduler's Time/Event panel was active when the Start and End dates coincided. Fixed.
Read more : R-Drive Image 6.1.6104 | Views : 218 | Replies : 0

Can I use V4 to clone and downsize to an SSD?

Hi, I've had a copy of V4 for years now, I haven't needed it recently but I now want to put an SSD into an HP 4535. It's currently got a 570Gb C partition, a 20Gb HP_Recovery partition and a 5Gb HP_Tools partition. The C drive is only using about 100Gb so I can safely get away with a 500Gb (or even 250!) if I can use R-Drive to clone everything (including any hidden partitions) ...
Read more : Can I use V4 to clone and downsize to an SSD? | Views : 259 | Replies : 2

R-Drive Image 6.1.6103

New features:
+ Scheduled tasks can be repeated during one day and randomly delayed within a specified time interval. The latter is useful when several images are to be simultaneously created on the same server at the same time.

Improvements:
* Linux kernel 4.9.10 in the startup version.

Bugfixes:
- Some fixes in image creation of UFS partitions.
Read more : R-Drive Image 6.1.6103 | Views : 357 | Replies : 0

R-Drive - network shares detection sucks..

Hi,
im using R-Drive for years, i have last version, but is long term bug, with comparision with all other softs, R-Drive network share detection is very slow and oftentime is not
working at all. I want to make a backup and i cant.

Pleas add some option as add path not through your wizard just by address as \\192.168.0.15\!NetBackupsTarget

When i map share as network drive is working everytime, but is workaround, because R-Drive ...
Read more : R-Drive - network shares detection sucks.. | Views : 328 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 5987 • Total topics 2094 • Total members 1223