It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:49 am

News News of Data Backup and Restore

Site map of Data Backup and Restore » Forum : Data Backup and Restore

Forum on data and disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software

Backing up Pagefile and others

Hi,

I've been using R-Drive image for a number of years and have been overall happy.

However, when trying the product in a windows 10 PC, it seems that it is backing up the pagefile, swapfile and hybernation file, even if only the Windows Snapshot provider is chosen and also in the differential and incremental modes.

This produces huge files, totally unsuitable for my purposes.

Is there anything to be done ?

Thank you
Read more : Backing up Pagefile and others | Views : 541 | Replies : 3

R-drive differential error

Hello,

We are running backup on a server with active deduplication to keep the size of the files to a minimum. Everything work fine until we try to take a differential backup of the original file. ( the original file is duplicated at this moment )

We get the following error right after the backup start :

! Error reading the file: Abort (auto)
! Creating differential backup read object failed with code 0x2b810000, Read ...
Read more : R-drive differential error | Views : 711 | Replies : 5

Hyper-V guest backup & restore from withing guest?

Hello! I was wanting to move a couple Hyper-V virtual machines from a Windows 2008R2 Hyper-V host to a Windows 2012R2 Hyper-V host.

I installed R-Drive Image V6 on the guest OS (Windows 2008R2) and the backup went successfully.

What works:
- I attach the R-Drive Image boot ISO and it boots fine in the new/clean/empty guest on the Windows 2012R2 Hyper-V host
- I am able to see the drive to restore and the ...
Read more : Hyper-V guest backup & restore from withing guest? | Views : 745 | Replies : 2

Portable version

Hi,
Is there by chance a portable version for Drive Image (I am not speaking about the recovery media, I need to run R-Drive Image to run from my Windows environment) ?
Thanks !
Read more : Portable version | Views : 715 | Replies : 0

Cannot access folders of a mounted image (on another PC)

Hi,

I am encountering again this issue, this time with no workaround so far. I have created an image of a Win 7 PC (system+data). When I mount the image on another PC (Win 8.1 and also Win 10 on a third PC), I cannot enter the C:\Users Folder. Formerly, using XYplorer or Total Commander in admin mode solved this, but not this time.

Is there a workaround ? I have no longer access to ...
Read more : Cannot access folders of a mounted image (on another PC) | Views : 715 | Replies : 4

Execute Batch files before and after a backup job

Hi,

we are just evaluating the r-drive image and have one last problem: We want to store the images on a network share.

For the moment (we think) it is not possible to set a target on a share (i.e. \\server\sharename) and provide the username and password information. OK, so we tried to map the network to local drive via net use x: \user... This works so far, but we want to execute a batch ...
Read more : Execute Batch files before and after a backup job | Views : 706 | Replies : 0

Need Help with a very old .rdr file

I have an 18GB file with the extension .rdr I am assuming this is a back up image file. It was made in June of 2013 on a computer we no longer have. It was a lenovo computer that was probably Win7 but possibly win8. Some files on this lost computer have recently become important. Would the R-TT software be able to open this file and could we be able to selectively retrieve files. Any ...
Read more : Need Help with a very old .rdr file | Views : 546 | Replies : 1

Reboot Error

After installing the backup and rebooting on Windows 2012 it reboots to a black screen (doesn't load windows) it says "Syslinux 6.03......" WARNING: No Configuration File Found. Boot:

This is R-Drive for Windows.
Read more : Reboot Error | Views : 592 | Replies : 0

Restoring DriveId

Hello to everyone.
I've a question: is Sector-By-Sector option mandatory in order to be able to restore keeping the very same DriveId?

Thanks in advance
Read more : Restoring DriveId | Views : 761 | Replies : 8

Checking image files

Hi,
it seems consistency check is only available in CLI mode. But I have a question regarding what it really does.

I have a set of image file
Y700-HDD_20160508_202947_n.rdr ; n=1 to 6, #1 is a full backup, #2 to #6 are incremental ones

If I create a script containing
check -a Y700-HDD_20160508_202947_6.rdr

Will it check just the #6 file or all files from 1 to 6 ?

It would be nice too if check ...
Read more : Checking image files | Views : 666 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 5912 • Total topics 2069 • Total members 1204