It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:15 pm

News News of Data Backup and Restore

Site map of Data Backup and Restore » Forum : Data Backup and Restore

Forum on data and disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software

Restoring Partition

HI
When trying to restore a partition everything went well until I told r-drive to start when it returned error code (2146) and failed to start
Any idea what to do next?
Regards
Read more : Restoring Partition | Views : 673 | Replies : 1

Restoring an image as a 2nd partition

Is it possible to restore an R-Drive saved image as a secondary partition? The bootable program is only allowing a restore to the beginning of the drive (overwriting anything else on it) I'm trying to restore a Windows 2008 System Reserved partition and the OS partition to the same drive. They are separate image files, originally coming from different disks (entire drive image was not an option)

After restoring just the main OS partition, I ...
Read more : Restoring an image as a 2nd partition | Views : 719 | Replies : 1

R-Drive Image 6.0.6014

A new build of R-Drive Image is available for download.
Improvements:
In the startup version:
* Linux kernel 4.4.1
* Improved support for Microsoft Surface Pro 4
Read more : R-Drive Image 6.0.6014 | Views : 743 | Replies : 0

Surface Pro 4

I was able to create an image for the Surface using 6.0 (Build 6008) but when I attempt to preform a restore to another Surface the destination drive does not appear. I can see my external where my images are stored and the external flash used to boot but no destination. Is there something I can do to get the destination drive to show up? Is this an issue with solid state drives or the ...
Read more : Surface Pro 4 | Views : 1386 | Replies : 8

Backup and restore

I used to do a scheduled backup at midnight each day, this worked fine on windows 10 until the last 2 updates, when it stopped running as scheduled. I have tried to reschedule and run, but it still does not work. Is there any way of getting schedule to work?
Read more : Backup and restore | Views : 846 | Replies : 2

R-Drive Image 6.0.6012

New features:
+ Support for multi-touch input (compatible with Microsoft Surface Pro).
Improvements:
Startup version:
* Linux kernel 4.2.8
* Improved BIOS RAIDs support (Dawicontrol DC-600e/610e RAID Controller)
Read more : R-Drive Image 6.0.6012 | Views : 671 | Replies : 0

Weird behaviour

Hi everyone,
After creating a rescue bootable USB, I've been able to clone both a MacBook Air and an old Toshiba L-300 without a single problem. However, I simply can't start up a late-2009 iMac using the same procedure. The screen turns black and the cursor starts endlessly blinking.

I find it quite surprising, since the iMac has a very simple partitional structure in comparison with my Macbook Air, which has several partitions (hfs+, bootcamp), ...
Read more : Weird behaviour | Views : 748 | Replies : 2

R-Drive Image 6.0.6011

Bugfixes:
- Startup version: the program might crash when restoring a large number of files.
- Program's GUI might work slowly when a large number of existing files were to be skipped during restoring. Fixed.
- Symlinks might be incorrectly restored. Fixed.
- When an OEM system media master image was larger than 2.3GB, yet fitted to a single DVD, R-Drive Image split the image ...
Read more : R-Drive Image 6.0.6011 | Views : 1069 | Replies : 3

win10 not bootable after system restore, MBR missing

Hi Folks,

I'm testing out back and restore solutions to replace my Acronis solution which no longer works since I've upgraded my machine to windows 10.

Backups with r-drive are fine, full and incremental, scheduling, etc. Restore is restoring the partitions correctly but the MBR isn't being written and windows cannot boot. I see no option to fix this on the bootable CD. I've tried a normal restore and a "raw" disk restore.

I was ...
Read more : win10 not bootable after system restore, MBR missing | Views : 906 | Replies : 1

Process Failed

Hello, I keep getting the following error one each of my external backup drives when I run a job. Doesn't matter if the disk has been formatted, empty, or full. Same error appears.

ERROR: The system cannot find the file specified (2) while writing to F:\HDD1-image_20151104_091526_1.rdr

Drive letter does exist, and the disk is plugged in. Currently Running in Server 2012 R2, and schedule is set for daily (M-F) incremental backups.
Read more : Process Failed | Views : 1501 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 6032 • Total topics 2106 • Total members 1227