It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:47 am

News News of Data Backup and Restore

Site map of Data Backup and Restore » Forum : Data Backup and Restore

Forum on data and disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software

SLOW

Why does it take so long to create a very basic image? It is a fresh image with only XP and Office. It's taking all day to create. Settings are all default except moved speed to the fastest setting. What am I doing wrong?
Read more : SLOW | Views : 956 | Replies : 4

Scheduled backup does not work

I'm trying to schedule an automated backup for the first time, to see how it works. I am using an existing full backup of my Vista boot drive as a test, which is named "q6600-20081127.arc". I have successfully created new differential backups (obviously named "q6600-200811272.arc" and "q6600-200811273.arc").

For the test, I want to create an incremental (not differential) backup to the existing q6600-20081127.arc set. The task was created and the event set for 1:00 pm ...
Read more : Scheduled backup does not work | Views : 1101 | Replies : 6

Older versions

I have a back-up made with version 3, but cannot be opened with version 4.

It says Image file format not supported.

Any help?
Read more : Older versions | Views : 965 | Replies : 1

Backup Plan

Hi all,
i've a question.....

i cannot plan an exact backup rotation strategy, and r-drive fill all my backup disks.

for example : if i want make a rotation strategy of 7 days, but not composed by full drive images, but incremental/differential images, which is the correct way ?

i've tested any way, but i haven't find solution.

can u place a screenshot of backup plan ?

regards

Alessandro Gennari - MegaByte Sistemi Informatici
Read more : Backup Plan | Views : 1180 | Replies : 1

R-Drive Image 4.4: Build 4401

A new build of R-Drive Image is available for download

Enhanced:
* Now the partition structure is sent to the OS even in the raw hdd copy: system re-start is not necessary.

Fixed:
- Incremental/differential backup could not be specified in the script creation.
- Available copying modes were not correctly shown on the HDD copying method selection panel.
- Several GUI bugs
Read more : R-Drive Image 4.4: Build 4401 | Views : 1025 | Replies : 0

Can the System Image (C:) be restored remotely?

Hello R-TT Software,

Here is my scenario: I have a remote data center and I do not have full-time physical access to the servers. My goal is to be able to do all of the system administration remotely. Specifically, I would like to do routine System (C: Drive) backups to another disk (that is physically located on the same machine), and, most importantly, have the ability to restore those system backups remotely.

When I try ...
Read more : Can the System Image (C:) be restored remotely? | Views : 2854 | Replies : 9

R-Drive Image 4.4: Build 4401

A new build of R-Drive Image is available for download

Enhanced:
* Now the geometry is updated in the partition header when copying FAT/NTFS partitions. Earlier the lack of this might result in a non-bootable system if the geometry was changed on small disks (<8GB).
* Suggestive geometry translation is enhanced for small disks (<8GB)

Fixed:
- Driver loading code is fixed, for example: Win32 detection might sometimes work incorrectly on Win64.
- Tasks scheduled ...
Read more : R-Drive Image 4.4: Build 4401 | Views : 980 | Replies : 0

C Drive not booting after Restore

I just did an Image Copy on my "old" XP system, and restored an entire C drive onto a new computer (which used to have a bootable partition as delivered from the store with XP, if that matters) ... taking all the default choices in RDrive-Image
All seemed to go well, and I can see all my files & data & Windows directory that were restored, but I can't get that drive to boot. When ...
Read more : C Drive not booting after Restore | Views : 1476 | Replies : 4

Seeing External Drives or other way to Restore

I want to backup my entire C: drive (Active Partition) and Restore it later after I replace the Hard Drive with a larger one.
Can R-Drive Image, in Bootable Mode (with the Pseudo-graphic screens) "see" an external hard drive so I can Restore an image from there? Right now I use R-Drive ver 3.0 and I can't get the SW to recognize my External USB drive. I will upgrade/purchase the new version if that fix ...
Read more : Seeing External Drives or other way to Restore | Views : 1469 | Replies : 2

Image size

Hello,
When I first installed Windows XP (clean install). I configured everything and I made an disk image by booting with a boot CD I created. The image size was about 650MB. Then, I formated the hard drive (the same PC) and reinstalled Windows XP (clean install ) with exactly the same configuration. The image size was about 900MB. In both cases, I choose the option "smaller size" to have the smallest image size. Can ...
Read more : Image size | Views : 1395 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 6103 • Total topics 2130 • Total members 1246