It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:45 am

News News of Data Recovery

Site map of Data Recovery » Forum : Data Recovery

Forum on data recovery, file unerase, disk unformat, and RAID reconstruction.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Studio, R-Studio for Mac, R-Studio for Linux, R-Linux, and R-Undelete software

Decision on next step

Hi,
I'm in the process of creating a disc image and I'm reviewing whether to continue or not, any advice on what you would do in this situation would be greatly appreciated.

I have a WD My Book Live 3TB that has failed, I've removed the HDD mounted it into a dual USB3 dock and am 3 days into a 41 day clone of the drive.
Prior to this I first tried Disk Internals to ...
Read more : Decision on next step | Views : 57 | Replies : 4

How to copy partition table from one .dsk to another

I have 4 .dsk images taken from a broken X-raid (netgear readynas) array. The problem is the array controller overwrote the partition table of one of the drives so it *looks* empty but the data is still there.

I have been told that by copying the partition table from one of the good images to the empty one, I may be able to recover the raid structure in r-studio.

Creating .dsk images in r-studio is ...
Read more : How to copy partition table from one .dsk to another | Views : 41 | Replies : 1

RStudio_i vs RStudio 5?

Hi! Brand new to trying R-Studio for mac. I see 2 download links - one for RStudio_i.dmg and one for RStudio5.dmg.
Which one is for what? I'm a bit confused!
Thanks!
Read more : RStudio_i vs RStudio 5? | Views : 48 | Replies : 1

md. Markdown extension created by iWriter pro

Hi,

I'm trying to recover some .md text files created by iWriter pro from internal Macintosh HD Flash Drive, Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6, file format HFS+. They were put in the trash and then the trash emptied.

I'm currently running the demo R-Studio. One concern I had was that a .md file wasn't marked as a known file type.

Really appreciate any feedback.

Best,
Ananta
Read more : md. Markdown extension created by iWriter pro | Views : 36 | Replies : 1

R-Studio 8.3.168075

A new build of R-Studio is available for download.
Bugfixes:
- Several bugs that might result in program crashes are fixed.
Read more : R-Studio 8.3.168075 | Views : 60 | Replies : 0

R-Studio for Linux 4.2.2901

A new build of R-Studio for Linux is available for download.
Improvements:
* Automatic check for new versions
* Improved preview for video files
* Improved preview for pdf files

Bugfixes
- several internal fixes
Read more : R-Studio for Linux 4.2.2901 | Views : 60 | Replies : 0

R-Studio for Mac 5.3.4817

A new build of R-Studio for Mac is available for download.
Improvements:
* Automatic check for new versions
* Improved preview for video files
* Improved preview for pdf files

Bugfixes
- several internal fixes
Read more : R-Studio for Mac 5.3.4817 | Views : 49 | Replies : 0

Looking for specific version of R-Studio 8.3.167546

Is this version of R-Studio still available for download.

I need this specific version.

Thanks very much
Read more : Looking for specific version of R-Studio 8.3.167546 | Views : 89 | Replies : 1

How do I set offset without scanning to find the RAID layout

How do I set offset without scanning to find the RAID layout. I believe I already have all the parameters set but I cant set the offset without having to run a scan that looks like it will take 9 days. I have tried to just set custom offset but I cannot push apply as the button is dark.
Read more : How do I set offset without scanning to find the RAID layout | Views : 117 | Replies : 5

File mask based on file contents

I'm sure I've expressed before that it would be nice if we could filter based on the condition of the file in the column that appears when access a DDI system. Is there a way, at the very least where we could search for files with a specific pattern, ie <unread>, within it sectors so that we can easily identify the good and damaged files in a recovery?
Read more : File mask based on file contents | Views : 85 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 6103 • Total topics 2130 • Total members 1246