It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:49 pm

News News of Data Recovery

Site map of Data Recovery » Forum : Data Recovery

Forum on data recovery, file unerase, disk unformat, and RAID reconstruction.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Studio, R-Studio for Mac, R-Studio for Linux, R-Linux, and R-Undelete software

Re-imaged HDD - Need to recover previous partition.

Hello All,

I have been tasked with recovering the previous partition on a re-imaged Hard Disk Drive, the problem is we re-issue these machines after being re-imaged and I only need to recover just the previous partition, but R-Studio's shows a lengthy list of 'Recognized' files from the Scan.

Can anyone tell me if there is any easy way to recover/restore just the previous partition?

the machine was re-imaged only once since.

Any help is ...
Read more : Re-imaged HDD - Need to recover previous partition. | Views : 244 | Replies : 4

R-Studio for Linux 4.2.2876

A new version of R-Studio for Linux is available for download.
New features:
+ Support for mdadm RAIDs
+ Support for Apple CoreStorage/File Vault/Fusion Drive
+ Automatic recognition of newly connected/disconnected USB devices.

Improvements:
* Improved support for the NTFS log.

Bugfixes
- Sometimes, the program might incorrectly scan and enumerate files on recognized NTFS partitions. Fixed.
- Sometimes, the program might incorrectly create an image of a UFS partition. Fixed.
- A right-click on ...
Read more : R-Studio for Linux 4.2.2876 | Views : 211 | Replies : 0

R-Studio for Mac 5.3 build 4792

A new version of R-Studio for Mac is available for download.
New features:
+ Support for mdadm RAIDs
+ Support for Apple CoreStorage/File Vault/Fusion Drive
+ Automatic recognition of newly connected/disconnected USB devices.

Improvements:
* Improved support for the NTFS log.

Bugfixes
- Sometimes, the program might incorrectly scan and enumerate files on recognized NTFS partitions. Fixed.
- Sometimes, the program might incorrectly create an image of a UFS partition. Fixed.
- A right-click on ...
Read more : R-Studio for Mac 5.3 build 4792 | Views : 215 | Replies : 0

R-tools and Bitlocker

I'm trying to recover my crashed SSD Raid0 which includes 2 Bitlocker protected partitions.
It is done on a target computer with an Emergency R-Studio (Linux GUI) booter from USB.
I successfully create a virual raid volume, but if I try to access the Bitlocked partitions R-Studio crashes with a callstack and asks again for activations code.
If I enter it again, it says "ok", loads successfully, but then again if I try to access ...
Read more : R-tools and Bitlocker | Views : 204 | Replies : 1

Lost scan results because of USB sleep mode

I'm new to this program. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like R-studio can save scan results, then reload them at a later time without having to rescan a harddrive for another 8.5 hours. I was going to try out this feature, but Win-d'oh!s decided to spit in my eye before I could because if there's anything Win-d'oh!s does to help people save time, it's waste craploads of time through imbecilic features and ...
Read more : Lost scan results because of USB sleep mode | Views : 167 | Replies : 1

R-Stuido 8 "no response " with 8TB*6 RAID6 Volume Scan

(Sorry, it is translated by google. I'm a Japanese)

I am recovering a file of a single drive of RAID-6 which consists of 8 HDDs of 8 TB.

I just deleted this file, but each file size is from 20 GB to 400 GB.
Considering from the amount of files you want to restore, it will be about 6 TB in total.

This PC (PC - A) is running Windows 10, the system drive is ...
Read more : R-Stuido 8 "no response " with 8TB*6 RAID6 Volume Scan | Views : 146 | Replies : 1

Recovery of X-Raid

I've past the point of yanking out my hair over this, so here we are.

My problem: Netgear, in a moment of monumental stupidity, deleted not just my data off my ReadyNAS remotely, but hundreds if not thousands of other users as well on March 30th. (Apparently their online server program deleted a bunch of users accidentally, which then automatically deleted the folders, which meant...bye bye data.) First they tried wriggling out of it, then ...
Read more : Recovery of X-Raid | Views : 361 | Replies : 7

Top Ten Review Site

Morning,
After, stupidly, following the Top Ten Review site I purchased Data Rescue PC4 to recover a crash HDD. After purchasing I realised that they limited the number of drives you can recover this was warning number one. I tried to recover the drive, the software said it would take 695 hours, I asked them and they said clone the drive and try again, so now having used two of my 5 drive limit I ...
Read more : Top Ten Review Site | Views : 223 | Replies : 2

Restore Asustor ADM

Hello!
Tell me, is it possible to restore the operating system of the Asustor ADM, accidentally removed from a disk installed in the NAS (the reset button was pressed to the factory settings)?
R-Studio found the folders 'root' and 'Metafiles' on this disk.
In the folder 'root' there are files of type initramfs (1 files), $InodeIndx.xxxxxxx (8), zImage, builtin.tgz, etc. Only $InodeIndx files are deleted (their names are marked with a red X).
In the ...
Read more : Restore Asustor ADM | Views : 246 | Replies : 1

Summary Reports

Hello,

Does R-Studio allow you to create a report that you can use to show what files can be recovered?

Thanks for your time.
Read more : Summary Reports | Views : 177 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 6066 • Total topics 2114 • Total members 1233