It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:46 pm

News News of Data Recovery

Site map of Data Recovery » Forum : Data Recovery

Forum on data recovery, file unerase, disk unformat, and RAID reconstruction.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Studio, R-Studio for Mac, R-Studio for Linux, R-Linux, and R-Undelete software

Recover files from VMFS in Linux deleted partition

Hi,
I have a big problem, I had months of work inside some virtual machines, mostly is code c++ in cpp files.
So, my OS is Ubuntu Linux and I deleted by mistake the table of partition where there were these virtual machines ntfs windows, I was desperate and found the r-studio software so I buy, when sweeping the whole disk to my surprise many files were found, but when I restore the files are ...
Read more : Recover files from VMFS in Linux deleted partition | Views : 252 | Replies : 1

Problems installing on Debian Stretch

I am attempting to install R-studio for the first time in order to try out the raid recovery (hopefully it can help me get back some of my data).

I seem to be failing at the first hurdle.

I have downloaded the 64bit version and installed it with dpkg -i. There were no error reports.
When I try to run the program it prompts for the root password and then pops up a license agreement ...
Read more : Problems installing on Debian Stretch | Views : 221 | Replies : 1

Files with bad sectors dialog box

I am using RStudio version 8.1.165145. I created a disk image of an NTFS hard drive that contains both good and bad sectors.
During image creation, I chose byte-to-byte image with 1 read attempt, which is supposed to fill bad sectors with specified characters
if the read fails. I chose this method instead of skipping files with bad sectors so that all files would be written to the image.
Additionally, I chose to scan the ...
Read more : Files with bad sectors dialog box | Views : 210 | Replies : 0

Is it worth enough of DIY data recovery?

Hey guys,
Is DIY data recovery safe? Knowing that data recovery process is complex, sensitive? What If my drive got very important data? Can anyone take that risk?
Read more : Is it worth enough of DIY data recovery? | Views : 404 | Replies : 5

R-Studio for Mac 5.2 build 4717

A new version of R-Studio for Mac is available for download.
New features:
+ Support for the ReFS2+ file system (Windows 2016 Server);
+ Support for NTFS deduplication;
+ New extended duplicate file processing options.

Improvements:
* Improved support for the NTFS log;
* Extended recovery log;
* Improved data copying in Hexadecimal editor;
* A file path can be scrolled and copied in the "File already exists" dialog box.

Bugfixes:
- Data copy commands ...
Read more : R-Studio for Mac 5.2 build 4717 | Views : 272 | Replies : 0

Scan stuck at 100%?

I have been running a scan on a very large NTFS volume (over 5 tb). it took 7 hours to get to 100%, but it has been at 100% all night now, with no visible scan results. It doesn't seem to be locked up. I know it can take a long time, and I want to be patient but I am in a somewhat time sensitive situation...How long is a normal amount of time to ...
Read more : Scan stuck at 100%? | Views : 280 | Replies : 1

FileVault

Is there any support or method for recovering from a mac drive that is encrypted by the built in OSX disk encryption, FileVault 2?
Read more : FileVault | Views : 377 | Replies : 2

NAS RAID1 Format

I have no idea why I was so blind but I mistakenly formatted the wrong NAS today as I have two Dlink DNS320's. So it reformatted the RAID1 with all the data to RAID1 again. It had a single volume prior to the format. I have pulled one of the two hard drives and connected to my pc using a USB dock.

In R-Studio I selected the disk and started a scan using the the ...
Read more : NAS RAID1 Format | Views : 501 | Replies : 6

error after scanning

Hi,
I got error when I'm in 'Open Drive Files' step after scanning.
with this message, the program shut down.
I can't get any information about this message.
Is there anyone who knows about this?

*************error message*************
R-STUDIO Network has encoutered a problem and needs to close.
We are sorry for the inconvenience. We have created an error report you can send to us so we can investigate cause of the problem. We will ...
Read more : error after scanning | Views : 380 | Replies : 1

R-Studio for Linux 4.1 build 2793

A new version of R-Studio for Linux is available for download.
New features:
+ Support for the ReFS2+ file system (Windows 2016 Server).
+ Support for NTFS deduplication.
+ New extended duplicate file processing options.

Improvements:
* Improved support for the NTFS log.
* Extended recovery log.
* Improved data copying in Hexadecimal editor.
* A file path can be scrolled and copied in the "File already exists" dialog box.

Bugfixes:
- Data copy commands ...
Read more : R-Studio for Linux 4.1 build 2793 | Views : 345 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 6066 • Total topics 2114 • Total members 1233