It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 3:31 pm

News News of Data Recovery

Site map of Data Recovery » Forum : Data Recovery

Forum on data recovery, file unerase, disk unformat, and RAID reconstruction.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Studio, R-Studio for Mac, R-Studio for Linux, R-Linux, and R-Undelete software

Can "see" drive but no option for scan on Unallocated drive.

I am trying to recover data (100-200GB) from a damaged 1DB HGST Drive.

The computers Drive Manager lists the drive ( attached via USB bridge) as Unallocated. ( Last night amateur me initialized it - since it did not show in explorer, but the Disk Manager said Not Initialized)...

R-Studo can "see" the drive, but no data, and Scan is not listed as an option.

Screenshot : http://i.imgur.com/ymUk1xT.png

About ...
Read more : Can "see" drive but no option for scan on Unallocated drive. | Views : 499 | Replies : 2

Feature requests

Hi,

It would be great in future versions that after you have scaned an area/drive that you can search throug all partitions it finds after filenames. Today you have to open all partitions individualy and search within them. that is teadious if you have like me over 300 partitions found on each drive. It would also be great if you were to be able to save all scanned drives information in addition to saving them ...
Read more : Feature requests | Views : 467 | Replies : 0

R-Studio Slackware Compatibility

Hello,
Would R-Studio run under Linux Slackware 14.2?
If so, what install would be best for Slackware?
Regards
Read more : R-Studio Slackware Compatibility | Views : 478 | Replies : 3

Mac Data Recovery Software

Does anyone know of any low cost data recovery software?
Read more : Mac Data Recovery Software | Views : 520 | Replies : 3

How to reume scan

I'm a new user of R-Studio. I have an interrupted scan of a 2T disk. I have the log file. I can load the log file, but I can't see how to resume the scan.
Read more : How to reume scan | Views : 331 | Replies : 1

Have i got this right?

Hi,

This is not the only post I've on here about my current issue, but thought that I'd make separate topic as they have different aspects to them.

Apologies if I have this wrong.

So to the matter in hand ...

I'm trying to recover the data (only copy of family photos etc) from a 3TB external disk.

I have spanned a 1.5 and 2.0TB to form a 3.5TB drive and the two disks are ...
Read more : Have i got this right? | Views : 320 | Replies : 2

Creating RAW imgaes

Hi,

Would a spanned volume in OSX work just as well for creating an image of the problem drive as a RAID0?

My problem drive is 3TB, my two spare disks are 2TB and 1.5TB (3.5TB).

I have been advised by support to create a RAW image using diskutility or ddutility.

Many thanks for any replies and help, I have emailed support but figured they may not work weekends.
Read more : Creating RAW imgaes | Views : 339 | Replies : 5

Windows Server 2016 and storage spaces direct?

Hi,

Does Rstudio support Windows server 2016 Storage spaces direct with ReFS? If will i be able to select information from the inside Virtual disks that may reside on the pools?
I understand that Rstudio need access to all disks so to achive good restore i need to put all disks in one machine.

Regards,
Niclas
Read more : Windows Server 2016 and storage spaces direct? | Views : 377 | Replies : 0

Recovery post ramsonware

Hello to all,
sorry for my English lousy,
some days I'm trying to retrieve data from a hard drive infected with ramsonware, if I make a normal recovery all files are corrupted or can not be opened, but all work in RAW. you can recover files from raw but use the file system tree?

Mattia
Read more : Recovery post ramsonware | Views : 283 | Replies : 4

NTFS data deduplication and RAID recovery

I have a large (13 drive) RAID6 array that had a single NTFS volume with data deduplication enabled. The SAS card I'm using flaked out and caused my LSI 9361-8i to lose the virtual drive. I'm currently waiting for new hardware in order to store disk images for each of the drives. I'm wondering if data deduplication will have any adverse affects on R-Studio being able to detect the RAID parameters or view file content ...
Read more : NTFS data deduplication and RAID recovery | Views : 387 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 5982 • Total topics 2092 • Total members 1222