It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:26 am

News News of Data Recovery

Site map of Data Recovery » Forum : Data Recovery

Forum on data recovery, file unerase, disk unformat, and RAID reconstruction.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Studio, R-Studio for Mac, R-Studio for Linux, R-Linux, and R-Undelete software

Will RTT be able to recover my dynamic discs?

I had a mirrored drive setup on my old computer. The two mirrored drives were setup as dynamic discs.

My computer died and now I am worried I will not be able to get the data off of my mirrored drives.

What are my options?
Read more : Will RTT be able to recover my dynamic discs? | Views : 275 | Replies : 3

RAID0 - partial recovery (parameters?)

I'm new to recovering files from RAID, so please excuse my ignorance.

I have a RAID0 array that needs recovery (the motherboard controller broke). I can see the individual disks, which I've placed on new controllers on PCIE cards, and I'm pretty sure the HDD's are not faulty (I did a sector analysis twice using different methods within the last month, before the array broke).

I've been able to reconstruct the array in R-Studio using ...
Read more : RAID0 - partial recovery (parameters?) | Views : 649 | Replies : 14

How restore a backed-up MFT? (Partition repair)

During the past year, I've now unluckily had 3 cases where partitions on separate disks have had their MFT (as well as the MFT Mirror, which isn't so useful anyway) corrupted, for separate reasons, with the data still present (and recoverable), but the partition itself, understandably, inaccessible until a reformat.

R-Studio is a great program in general. :) Relevantly, it allows backing up partition metadata, including fully ...
Read more : How restore a backed-up MFT? (Partition repair) | Views : 403 | Replies : 3

Content of all restored (undeleted) files corrupted

Hello!

Using your R-Undelete NTFS product we restored some deleted files successfully, but the content of all restored files (even .txt files) is corrupt, like f.e.

@ ïD Éÿìõÿ㈠á7 ,•ÿÿºÿŸ&
åŒÿ~Kÿ½ÿrj ñ“ †X ;îÿûÂÿ‡E

Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance,

Helmut
Read more : Content of all restored (undeleted) files corrupted | Views : 507 | Replies : 12

problems with .docx .doc .pdf .jpg ...

Hi,

I use R-Studio for round about one year and somteimes if I rescue HDDS with R-Studio I only get damaged files (doc, docx, pdf, jpg...). It doesnt matter if I rescue the green partition or in RAW Mode. If I use Gedataback, the files can rescued and theyre working. At both programs I use the standardoptions for Rescue so im confused why does it sometimes not work with r-studio.

actually I have a RAID ...
Read more : problems with .docx .doc .pdf .jpg ... | Views : 395 | Replies : 1

Recover files with R-Studio from a ddrescue image

Summary: I am trying to recover files from an image I am in the middle of creating using ddrescue. I'd like to know if R-Studio is capable of reading the ddrescue image to try to find files in what was once an NTFS file system. I'm interested in the usual file types (photos, videos, documents) but also some unusual file formats output by game engines like Unity and RPG Maker. I don't care if the ...
Read more : Recover files with R-Studio from a ddrescue image | Views : 405 | Replies : 1

HFS/HFS+ Btree+Node

Hi,

So I'm performing a data Recovery on my disk and I'm hoping that I will end up with a tree view of the files and folders that were on my disk (I formatted it).

I'm using a MAC computer, but the idea is just the same on Windows. I'm hoping at the end of the scan to see something that replicates Windows Explorer or Finder, a tree view of the folders that were on ...
Read more : HFS/HFS+ Btree+Node | Views : 421 | Replies : 2

R-Undelete 5.0.165150

A new build of R-Undelete is available for download.
New features:
+ Support for NVME devices.

Improvements:
* Greatly improved raw file search (data recovery using file signatures):
- better recognition of mp3 and mkv files;
- a special parser for mts, mpeg, flv, and gz files;
- file names from internal tags for pdf, docx, doc files;
- support for time+manufacturer+gps for mov files created by iPhone6 and later models.
* S.M.A.R.T. support for ...
Read more : R-Undelete 5.0.165150 | Views : 286 | Replies : 1

R-Studio 8.1.165145

A new version of R-Studio is available for download.
New features:
+ Support for NVME devices.
+ File mask presets.

Improvements:
* Support for Windows Storage Space created by Windows 10 Anniversary update.
* Greatly improved raw file search (data recovery using file signatures):
- better recognition of mp3 and mkv files;
- a special parser for mts, mpeg, flv, and gz files;
- file names from internal tags for pdf, docx, doc files;
Read more : R-Studio 8.1.165145 | Views : 354 | Replies : 1

Formatted External Hardrive

I have by my own stupidity formatted my external hardrive and desperately need to recover the files on it. I just need to know if this is possible and if R-Studio is the software to use? Any help will be gratefully accepted. Thx G
Read more : Formatted External Hardrive | Views : 306 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 5912 • Total topics 2069 • Total members 1204