Restore not bootable because of wrong partition type

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Restore not bootable because of wrong partition type

Post by Alt » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:27 am

I passed your problems to our developers.

M_P

Post by M_P » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:45 am

Hi Alt,
Did the developers confirm the problem? Is there a beta I can try?

@The IT Pro / @Baystack_350
Thanks to share your experience. I could imagine that fragmentation is a technical reason, but it is possible to solve it.
A defragmentation before backup could help to avoid this bug, but of course in case of desaster recovering from the last available backup there's no chance to think about that.

KR,
Matthias

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:11 am

The developers told me and you, that the most cause for your problem is that there may be some files placed on the 250-GB disk in a way that they're outside the 80-GB size limit and they cannot be moved from their positions.

M_P

Post by M_P » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:48 pm

Hi Alt,

thanks for answering. I agree for the this possible technical reason of this bug, but do I understand it right that you won't fix it, although the product description promises partition resizing like every other partitioner /imaging program on the market?

KR,
Matthias

M_P

Post by M_P » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:33 am

Alt,

Did I get it right, you really won't fix that bug?

KR,
Matthias

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:51 am

But the files, for some reasons, cannot be moved from the places they occupy at the moment. This is not a bug.

Inndesign

Post by Inndesign » Sat May 30, 2015 2:58 pm

We recently used 6.6005 to clone a SATA OS to an image file, to then boot off the R-Drive CD, to clone bare metal to a Intel SSD drive. Previously, we had used R-Drive Image 4.7 at another company and it was always reliable. 6.6005 simply fails to capture the boot related details, and instead restores a Primary Partitioned Active drive without a working boot sector. Boot results were "0xc000000e the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible" All the typical and in-depth repair efforts via the Windows 7 DVD failed.

I am not a amateur at this and had to revert to a clean install to achieve a working drive.