Way to mount multiple images

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
dopalgangr

Way to mount multiple images

Post by dopalgangr » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:36 pm

I have 13 images made with R-Studio. Is there a way to mount them all as virtual drives to run other software on? Thanks

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Way to mount multiple images

Post by Alt » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:35 am

You may use R-Drive Image for that purpose. They'll be read-only, though.

dopalgangr

Post by dopalgangr » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:11 am

Thanks Alt, actually I would prefer them to be read only anyway. When I open the program I see where I can add one but it does not let me add another??? Do I have to open multiple instances of the program or am I missing something here. Thanks for you time.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:06 pm

Well, you can mount one image only one time, but there may be many images mounted simultaneously. See R-Drive Image help: Connect an Image as a Virtual Logical Disk for more information.

dopalgangr

Post by dopalgangr » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:04 am

Ok, I have gone through this software several times and still do not see where/how I can mount several images at one time. I mount one then cant go back to mount another. I cant even open another instance of the software to mount another. I also just want to mount the physical disk not the logical and don't see how to do that. Other software like FTK Imager mount several images easily and give you the option to mount as physical or logical or both and also allow read or write. I just cant use R-Studio images with that and really don't want to have to re-image all the drives again since I have 13 3TB disks and each one takes 8 1/2 hours to image. Any ideas? Thanks.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:46 pm

Well, as I understand, you have several R-Studio images, and you want to mount them simultaneously, don't you? OK, you don't have to run several instances of R-Drive, just return back to its Action Selection panel, and do the Connect Image as a Virtual Logical Disk action again.
You may look at the screenshot Connected Virtual Logical Disks Panel on the Disconnect Virtual Logical Disks as a proof that R-Drive Image can connect several images at the same time.