Speed increase

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
dragonsrage99

Speed increase

Post by dragonsrage99 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:51 pm

Hi guys,

I had a look on the forum and main site but I can't find any references to preferred spec for the recovery machine...

ie does this software Benefit from more thread's/cores or does it prefer a bucket load of memory ?

Data-Medics

Re: Speed increase

Post by Data-Medics » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:03 pm

Having a lot of RAM is a must to run well. I've seen the program crash a number of times when run on 32 bit machines because of the memory limitation. It's not very processor intensive I wouldn't say, currently I'm running two consecutive scans in two instances of R-Studio, along with a half dozen other programs running on an i5 and it's only hitting around 50% usage. So I'd say you're pretty safe with any modern processor.

The only time it does work the processor is when you make a compressed image file of a drive. All that compression will take some work from the CPU, but I don't usually do that too often unless it's a 4Tb drive which I expect to be mostly empty.

dragonsrage99

Re: Speed increase

Post by dragonsrage99 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:57 am

Thanks data, that's what I had noticed but I have only ever needed to do 1 recovery at a time, thanks