Data Recovery with orginal Folder paths restore

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
thenoisemaker

Data Recovery with orginal Folder paths restore

Post by thenoisemaker » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:53 am

Hi All,

I'm Salvatore and I'm a new member.

I Have a Hard Disk which was in a Nas Lacie NetworkSpaceMax 2T which case have been brocken and I could not power on again. This Nas Had already several problem and I Had a Partial Back Up of my data (the most important) but a 40% of them Are still in the HD that is in a good state and it work but I couldn't access the data because is a linux partionated HD.

I've used R-Studio to recover my files but I could not restore the orginal folders (I Had one folder for each member of my family). When I explore the partition recoverd ("Real" window) a I see a lot of folder (like Root/EDMINI/LACIE.. etc) but most of them are empty the folders with some files contain Files with strange name (often numeric.extension)

Am I Missing Somithing?

Do anybody have already experienced with HD Recovery Linux partionated (EXT2/ext3)?

Bye

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Data Recovery with orginal Folder paths restore

Post by Alt » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:13 am

The disk contains the Linux OS this NAS works under. Does it have the home folder? If yes, then go into it and look at its content.
And how many disks are in the NAS? One or two?