Re-imaged HDD - Need to recover previous partition.

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
chfi_newb

Re-imaged HDD - Need to recover previous partition.

Post by chfi_newb » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:14 am

Hello All,

I have been tasked with recovering the previous partition on a re-imaged Hard Disk Drive, the problem is we re-issue these machines after being re-imaged and I only need to recover just the previous partition, but R-Studio's shows a lengthy list of 'Recognized' files from the Scan.

Can anyone tell me if there is any easy way to recover/restore just the previous partition?

the machine was re-imaged only once since.

Any help is appreciated.

chfi_newb :ugeek:

Data-Medics

Re: Re-imaged HDD - Need to recover previous partition.

Post by Data-Medics » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:17 pm

If you wrote new image over the drive, then you're in a hot mess. There's no magical trick to get back overwritten data. What's been overwritten is gone forever, and if it overwrote the file tables (probably did) then at best you're going to get back just raw files by type with no names or folder locations.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:53 am

Surely, no easy way to recover the previous partitions.
This article may help if you decide to take a hard way, which, has some chances for success, but not many.
File Recovery after Re-installing Windows.
Two comments:
1. It's about reinstalling Windows, but all the reasoning is applicable to your case.
2. You don't have to use the startup version of R-Studio, if you plan to connect the disk to a working machine.

TorrentUser

Post by TorrentUser » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:49 am

Is there are option to recover deleted data from hard drive? I mean there are lots of free software to recover data, but most of them they no working as they supposed to. I have lost some stuff from my hard drive( was deleted by my son) and I really need to get it back ( I don't want to spend few weeks to do this again)

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:34 pm

TorrentUser wrote:Is there are option to recover deleted data from hard drive? I mean there are lots of free software to recover data, but most of them they no working as they supposed to. I have lost some stuff from my hard drive( was deleted by my son) and I really need to get it back ( I don't want to spend few weeks to do this again)
All depends on the case. You may test R-Studio for free: What to do if I don't know if R-Studio can recover my files?.