R-Wipe&Clean and Windows 7 ?

A place to discuss data and privacy protection, file and disk wipe, computer cleaning, and removing traces of user activity with R-Wipe & Clean.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Wipe & Clean and R-Crypto software
mgroen

R-Wipe&Clean and Windows 7 ?

Post by mgroen » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:56 am

Hi,
is , R-Wipe & Clean 8.7 Build 1578, able to do its work good in Windows 7?
Any known issues , for Windows 7 ?

I just recently migrated to Win7, but do not know if R-Wipe&Clean works with it (nothing mentioned on the website about it).
Thnx,
Mathijs

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: R-Wipe&Clean and Windows 7 ?

Post by Alt » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:03 pm

Yes, it supports Windows 7.

HawkInOz

Post by HawkInOz » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:44 pm

What was the first version/build to offer full support for Windows 7? Thank you!

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:39 pm

It appears that R-Wipe&Clean 8.7 (Build 1577)

Anon

Post by Anon » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:28 am

I am using build 1581 and had to remove it from windows 7. Only a few options seemed effective. R-Wipe&Clean does not and cannot erase Windows 7 Thumbnail Cache, manually or in the "additional Wipe" option, located in the <root>:\\users\(your user id)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\*.db.The open file history erase option is a joke, right? Windows 7 doesn't use that feature in the same manner as Xp and therefore, pointless to have RW&C wipe files that don't exist on Windows 7. It also Fails to remove Firefox (3.5.7) history, passwords, etc. It cannot Wipe files on my encrypted volume but it can wipe the free space, which seems pointless. Although, that did work on XP. It also fails to see any thumbdrives in my usb ports. I used R_wipe and clean religiously and flawlessly on Windows XP but it does not appear to be near ready or entirely functional on Windows 7. It feels like a bad beta version.

I feel these issues will be resolved and I will eagerly await a newer build that corrects these known and unknown issues.

I know R-TT has great programs and these will be resolved. I am a proud user of R-TT software so I will wait....

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:00 pm

I'll pass the problem to our developer.