Acronis file restore to correct size

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
rdtkp

Acronis file restore to correct size

Post by rdtkp » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:09 pm

I have created a acronis backup file of about 30gb to an external drive. However I reboot the computer which then ran a scandisk on the external drive and as a resulted the file now shows a size of 0kb. Can this be recovered.

Rob

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Acronis file restore to correct size

Post by Alt » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:43 am

It's impossible to say right now. Maybe yes, maybe no. But you can try R-Studio for free. Just download and install R-Studio Demo: http://www.data-recovery-software.net/D ... shtml#demo . It does everything except actual data recovery.
But things are more complex in your case as R-Studio cannot preview your acronis file, but I think if it finds the file with a correct filesize, there are chances that it will be successfully recovered.
And remember!!! Scandisk and other automatic in-place disk data correction utilities are the worst enemies of your data. Never let them change anything on the disk unless you aware of what they're going to do. You may refer to Windows documentation on how to disable them.

rdtkp

Re: Acronis file restore to correct size

Post by rdtkp » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:28 am

Alt

Thanks for that I have used the R-studio Demo, recovered everything including the long lost Lord lucan but not the data I required.

And yes you are right the scandisk is a real problem I took a phone call whilst the PC rebooted and it started it's destruction, sneaky beggar. I will look at disabling them in the future.

Thanks for your reply

Rob