R-Crypto Encrypted Didk won't open

Forum on data and privacy protection and encryption, file and disk wipe, computer cleaning, and removing traces of user activity
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Wipe & Clean and R-Crypto software

R-Crypto Encrypted Didk won't open

Postby Roger » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:52 pm

Hi,
Just installed R-Crypto on my home computer, created an encrypted disk on my harddrive, placed some files in it and closed it.

When I restarted my computer (XP, SP3), I went to the "Connect the Encrypted Disk" from the Task Bar Icon menu. I got a balloon that said "The encrypted Disk "Encrypted Disk" is successfully connected to Removeable Disk S." But I cannot access the files in the encrypted disk.

No matter how I try to access the encrypted file, I get an error message "S:\ is not accessible. The device is not connected."

What now? I don't really want to lose the files I put in the encrypted disk.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Roger

Re: R-Crypto Encrypted Didk won't open

Postby Alt » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:45 am

Did you create and access the disk under the same account?
Alt
Site Moderator

Postby Roger » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:55 am

Thanks for the reply. If you are refering to the computer's User Account, yes.

Still the same problem this morning as I booted up.
I get the opening dialog box for R-Crypto "Connect Encrypted Disk." I identify the location, enter the password, and a pop up on the Task Bar from R-Crypto says
The encrypted disk "Encrypted Disk" is successfully connected to removeable disk (S:).

If I try to open S:\ or the the encrypted file itself Encrypted Disk.edsk I get an error box.
In the first case it says "S:\ is not accessible. The device is not connected."
In the second case it says "The selected encrypted disk is already connected to 'S:'.
Ultimately, the disk remains locked.

Very frustrating
Rog
Roger

Postby jorge » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:12 pm

INSTALLED R-CRYPTO END PUT FILES IN IT AND NOW I CAN'T OPEN IT .
ONE BALLOON SAYS IT SUCCESSFULLY CONNECTED AND ANOTHER ONE SAYS IT'S NOT ACCESSIBLE
I HAVE XP SP3 ALSO.
PLEASE HELP?.
THANKS
jorge

Postby Alt » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:01 am

jorge wrote:INSTALLED R-CRYPTO END PUT FILES IN IT AND NOW I CAN'T OPEN IT .
ONE BALLOON SAYS IT SUCCESSFULLY CONNECTED AND ANOTHER ONE SAYS IT'S NOT ACCESSIBLE
I HAVE XP SP3 ALSO.
PLEASE HELP?.
THANKS

Please, contact our techsupport with this problem. They'll help you to solve it.
Alt
Site Moderator

Postby RDH » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:00 pm

In my case, I created an encrypted disk in my home computer and it works well. but when I transfer it to another computer, it connects but the files I am accessing says either its inaccessible, its read only etc. But going back to the original PC, it works. I also noticed that the Re-encrypt option is not working. when I click it, it asks me to contact support. Appreciate any help. I tried logging using the tech ssupport feedback option on this websit ebuthavent heard of any response for mores than 5 days.

Thanks
RDH

Postby Alt » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:52 am

RDH wrote:In my case, I created an encrypted disk in my home computer and it works well. but when I transfer it to another computer, it connects but the files I am accessing says either its inaccessible, its read only etc.

If this disk is formatted as an NTFS volume, that may be problems with access rights.
Alt
Site Moderator

Postby Ivanovich » Sun May 15, 2011 11:32 pm

I get the exact same issue. Connects just fine and then the "drive is not accessible" message. Same computer, same account.
Ivanovich

Return to Data and privacy protection