A new version of R-Drive Image version 5.0 is available for download
+ A new faster and more robust disk processing engine. A lot of bugs are fixed; R-Drive Image became more stable and reliable.
+ Separate files can be restored from images.
+ Support for several languages in GUI and help.
+ A startup version with GUI.
+ A new image format with a new file extension, .rdr. The old image formats are still supported.
* Disk signature collision resolution for disk to disk copy.
- Many cosmetic bugs are fixed.
- R-Drive Image might incorrectly create / delete / rename folders in which image files are to be saved. Fixed.
- There were some incompatibilities between image formats in R-Drive Image and R-Studio. Fixed.
- R-Drive Image might incorrect process changes in the drive/disk structure when those changes are made when R-Drive was running. Fixed.
- Sometimes when Do not connect was selected for the Drive letter for the selected partition parameter on the Restore/Copy Parameters tab, R-Drive Image still assigned a letter to the disk. Fixed.
- R-Drive Image could create and open image files only with the maximum name length shorter by 4 characters than OS allowed. Fixed.
- R-Drive Image might crash when saving image files to CD/DVD discs. Fixed.
- Under Windows 7, a disk might turn offline if it was locked while R-Drive Image attempted to copy or restore data to it. Disk Management warned that its disk signature collided with another disk and thus it required initialization. Fixed.
- R-Drive Image might disconnect without any warning an image connected as a virtual disk when a file was opened by some program. Fixed.
- R-Drive Image might be abruptly closed by pressing the Esc key. Fixed.
- R-Drive Image might incorrectly set the Free space before parameter for a restored / copied partition on the Restore / Copy Parameters panel if there’s another partition before. Fixed.
- It was impossible to create multi-file images in the Create an Image action and Scheduler. Fixed.
- Task renaming worked incorrectly in Scheduler. Fixed.
- Tasks couldn’t be edited with a keyboard. Fixed.
- Sometimes it was impossible to register R-Drive Image with an OEM demo key. Fixed.
- Scheduler didn’t work in the BartPE version. Fixed.
- Help didn’t work in the BartPE version. Fixed.
- OEM registration keys didn’t work in BartPE version. Fixed.
- The Configure startup media troubleshooting options checkbox was always enabled every time a startup version was created. Fixed.
- Many cosmetic bugs are fixed in the TUI and GUI startup version.
- Non-Latin characters weren’t shown properly in the TUI and GUI startup version. Fixed.
- The startup version couldn’t open files with non-Latin characters created by Windows. Fixed.
- In the startup version, it was possible to connect the same network drive several times. Fixed.
- The startup version didn’t correctly process the information about connected network drives. Fixed.
- It was possible to enter an incorrect path for the image file in the GUI startup version. Fixed.
- Disk partitions copied from another disks or restored from images in the TUI or GUI startup version required initializing to be visible in Windows 7. Fixed.