R-Drive Image startup disk

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
mikekelly

R-Drive Image startup disk

Post by mikekelly » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:49 am

Hello,

Is the R-Drive Image startup disk generic, or is it tailored to the same machine its created on. For example, could I create a startup disk on machine "A" and perform a restore on machine "B" .

Regards,
Mike Kelly

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: R-Drive Image startup disk

Post by Alt » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:01 pm

That will be against the license provisions, if your license is R-Drive Image Standalone (the most common one). You need the R-Drive Image Technician for such usage.

mikekelly

Post by mikekelly » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:35 pm

The licensed machine only has a DVD reader. I'm just wondering how I can create a start-up disk. The licensed machine will be in a very remote area (Cobar, NSW, Australia) and very difficult for me to access to install a burner. I have used the evaluation version to create a disk on my machine here in Sydney, I'm pretty sure it will work on the target machine as it looks like a classic Linux rescue disk. Absolutely no intention of violating licence.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:59 am

Yes, in this case you can use the disk, provided that R-Drive you used to create the disk is not in the demo mode. You don't have to use a CD disk, a relatively small USB stick will a better option.