A new version of R-Drive Image is available for download
Compared with R-Drive Image 4.5 Build 4500 (the first release of
+ Smart data imaging support for more file systems. In addition to FAT and NTFS, R-Drive Image now can backup only useful information for exFAT, HFS/HFS+, Little and Big Endian variants of UFS1/UFS2 and Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 FS (Linux) file systems to reduce image file size.
+ Smart bad sector processing. R-Drive can now handle bad sectors encountered on the disk.
+ Smart processing of corrupted image files. R-Drive Image can now restore data from a valid part of a corrupted image file.
* The dialog boxes about disk I/O and image file read errors, info on the errors ignored by the user is added to the report on action results.
* The dialog box on the mail send test. Now it is possible to see the sent SMTP commands and received responses
* More information is added to the action result report sent via e-mail.
* When mail is sent using the SMTP protocol, the characters in the computer name used in the EHLO command are checked against validity to the SMTP standards. Previously, some servers might reject the mail if non-standard characters were used in the computer name.
* The dialog boxes about disk I/O and image file read errors, a report on the errors ignored by the user is added to the report on action results.
* Dialog box on mail send test. Now sent SMTP commands and received responses can be seen.
* More information is in the action result report sent via e-mail
= The startup version is based on Linux kernel 188.8.131.52.
- SMTP response processing. Previously, some SMTP servers might refuse message delivery.
- Under certain conditions, R-Drive Image incorrectly created OEM System Recovery Media consisting of several iso files for several discs.
- A workaround against freeze of mounting point re-numeration for glitching device drivers.
- In rare cases when the size of a hard drive is a multiple of a certain number, the Disc copy action might end with the Unable to allocate memory error when a partition was copied together with the MBR loader.
- When a partition was being copied and the disk letter of the target partition was not specified, R-Drive Image tried to connect the created partition with the disk letter of the original disk. It could not do that because the disk letter was assigned to the source partition. As a result, the action ended with the Unable to mount the volume error in spite of the fact that the source partition was actually copied to the target partition successfully.
- In rare cases the command line version running under another account might not see a valid registration and worked as if it as in the trial mode.
- Two R-Drive Image programs (the old and new ones) appeared in Control Panel -> Add remove programs when R-Drive Image 4.5 was installed over its version 4.4. )