A new version of free R-Linux for Linux is available for download
+ An advanced algorithm for raw file recovery (search for file signatures).
+ The Hex editor extension: A file location is shown in a particular disk sector.
+ Support for Symbolic Links.
* The log data can now be appended to an existing file.
* Now R-Linux shows extra files found by their file signature both in the Raw Files folder and in recognized partitions.
* The file recovery algorithm has been optimized.
* Improved data selection in the Hexadecimal editor. Now the beginning and end of the area to be selected can be set by the Select from and Select to commands in the shortcut menu.
* Appending data to an existing file in the Hexadecimal editor. A file fragment selected in the editor can be appended to an existing file.
* An external file can be loaded to a selected position in the file opened in the Hexadecimal editor.
- Sometimes R-Studio recovered simlinks as separate folders with the same content Fixed.
- R-Studio might not show the overall data recovery progress. Fixed.
- R-Studio sometimes didn’t show correctly progress for some operations like partition opening, imaging. Fixed.
- Sometimes R-Studio showed folders deleted from the root folder in Extra Found Files rather than in the root folder. Fixed.
- R-Linux might crash when many images were open one after another. Fixed.
- Several cosmetic fixes for the Settings dialog box.
- Cosmetic fixes for the S.M.A.R.T. tab.
- The changes buffer might work sloppy for very many changes. Fixed.
- An extra right character was saved to the file when a command Save to Hexadecimal File was performed for a selected area. Fixed.
- The Text/hexadecimal editor sometimes didn’t refresh its status bar. Fixed.
- The cursor might slightly get onto the next character. Fixed.
- Search was conducted over unchanged data if changes in the data had not been saved. Fixed.