A new version of R-Studio
is available for download.
+ A new data analyzing and recovery kernel that improves data recovery speed and results.
+ Symlink recovery options in the Technician version.
+ File system journal processing for the HFS+ and Ext3/4fs file systems to increase a number of successfully found files.
+ Soft updates journal processing for enhanced recovery on UFS partitions.
+ Support for extended attributes in HFS+, Ext3/4fs, and UFS file systems. This refines recovery of the Mac OSX Time Machine and Linux selinux ACL.
+ Support for compressed files in the HFS+ file system.
* Optimized memory usage for large disk scanning.
* Improved folder tree discovery for deleted files on the Ext3/4FS and UFS partitions.
* A regular region can be converted into an exclusive one.
* An exclusive region can be of any size fitting the disk. Previously it could only be equal to the disk size.
* Improved S.M.A.R.T. information monitoring
* Some information, including file paths, can be copied from the File View panels.
* Debug information can be saved not only in the fss format, but in the rdr format, too. This format includes all file system meta data, but much less in size when a compressed disk image.
* The scrollbar in the Hexadecimal editor now shows the selected area.
- R-Studio might crash during scan. Fixed.
- Names of several S.M.A.R.T. attributes were corrected.
- Incorrect work of the Select All and Clear All buttons on the Settings -> Known File Type tab. Fixed.
- Incorrect work of the Set as Default and Revert to Default buttons on the Scan -> Known File Type dialog box. Fixed.
- There was no inquiry about creating a new folder when it was specified in the Specify the target folder field. Fixed.
- When a large piece of data was being written to an unlocked disk in the Hexadecimal editor, the Lock Drive message appeared several times. Fixed.
- Selection disappeared when the cursor was moved in the Hexadecimal editor. Fixed.
- Selection in the Hexadecimal editor was not shown when the Select From command was activated. Fixed.
- Select, copy, and paste did not work in the Find dialog box in the Hexadecimal editor. Fixed.