R-Studio for Mac 5.1.4124 Wed Nov 30, 2016
+ Support for NVME devices.
+ File mask presets.
* Support for Windows Storage Space created by Windows 10 Anniversary update.
* Greatly improved raw file search (data recovery using file signatures):
- better recognition of mp3 and mkv files;
- a special parser for mts, mpeg, flv, and gz files;
- file names from internal tags for pdf, docx, doc files;
- support for time+manufacturer+gps for mov files created by iPhone6 and later models.
* S.M.A.R.T. support for disks storing S.M.A.R.T. threshold data in a non-standard place.
* Files which date are not within the "1970 - the current year" interval are placed to the Invalid Time folder.
* The Find/Mark dialog box is re-invoked in the Advanced mode if it was in that mode last time. It also keeps those last advanced search/marked parameters.
* A GoTo dialog box can be invoked by clicking the Offset field on the Status bar.
* The cursor position can be copied from the GoTo dialog box.
- The number of marked files and folders wasn't changing while files were being recovered. Fixed.
- Incorrect values when units were changed from Hex to Sectors. Fixed.
- Sometimes R-Studio increased the values for month and day by one during file search and setting a file mask. Fixed.
- The program could hang when a partition was opened with files sorted by time stamps. Fixed.
- The Apply changes immediately checkbox had to be clicked twice to become selected. Fixed.
- Reverse RAIDs could be created incorrectly for virtual RAIDs. Fixed.
- The Copy Text command might copy information incorrectly when files were sorted by timestamps and extensions. Fixed.
- It was impossible to enter HEX data on the Scan dialog box. Fixed.
- Changes to custom known file types were not applied immediately. Fixed.
- Group Description for the user known file types might loose its manual changes when other fields were changed. Fixed.
- The Set for all drives button on the Settings/Bad Sectors tab remained active after it had been clicked and, therefore, the settings had been applied to all drives. Fixed. Now the button becomes active only when some changes for a drive have been made on the Properties tab.
- The scan info might disappear from the Drives view when the scan was stopped and then continued, although it appeared again when the scan was stopped again. Fixed.
- An empty RAID Sequences window remained after its RAID object had been deleted. Fixed.
- Several cosmetic bugs are fixed.
- Text wasn't scrolled to when the cursor position was changed and data representation was switched to Data or Text. Fixed.
R-Studio for Mac 5.1.4050 Fri Jul 15, 2016
* Scrollbars were added to the Parents tab.
- The Group Description field for a user's file type might change to Other Files when its Description or Extension was changed. Fixed.
- Column sorting and arrangements were changed globally when they were changed on one tab. Fixed.
- Disabled legends on panels might appear again when returning to them from other panels. Fixed.
- The All Files on the Find/Mark and Mask dialog box might show some previously entered data. Fixed.
- The Specified offset is out of range message might appear twice when an entered value was more than maximum allowed. Fixed.
- A previously selected template might remain selected when a new selection was made. Fixed.
- Sometimes data editing might not work. Fixed.
- The Bookmark panel might be enabled after editor's restart. Fixed.
- A valid data entered into the GoTo field might be treated as invalid when multipliers (MB, GB, etc) were changed. Fixed.
R-Studio for Mac 5.1.3988 Tue Jun 28, 2016
* 4 digits are used for the Year field on the Find/mark and Mask dialog boxes.
- Info about recognized partitions and raw files got lost from the Drives panel when scan was resumed. Fixed.
- The Copy command was active for a zero-size file. Fixed.
- Columns in the Drives pane changed their sizes after disk scan if the pane was small. Fixed.
- The Sequences window remained even after its RAID object had been removed. Fixed.
- A long file name and path were truncated in the Recovery progress and Create FS Snap Shot bars. Fixed. Now they show the beginning of the file path and the end of the file name separated by ... .
- Several cosmetic bugfixes.
For the DDI devices:
- It was impossible to enable the Path column. Fixed.
- It was impossible to enable the Bad Sectors column if it was disabled using the shortcut menu. Fixed.
- The status (enable / disable) and sorting for the Bad sectors and Path columns did not change when the tabs were switched. Fixed.
R-Studio for Mac 5.1.3932 Thu Jun 16, 2016
+ A new data analyzing and recovery kernel that improves data recovery speed and results.
+ Support for compressed files in the HFS+ file system.
+ Processing of the HFS+ and Ext3/4fs journal to increase a number of successfully found files.
+ Support for HFS+, Ext3/4fs, and UFS extended attributes, that improves recovery results for Mac OSX Time Machine and Linux selinux ACL.
+ Processing of UFS soft updates journal to improve data recovery.
+ Text/hexadecimal editor: Search for Not equal string.
+ Symlink recovery options in the Technician version.
* Optimized memory usage during scans of large disks.
* Faster Open Drive Files operation.
* Improved S.M.A.R.T. information monitoring. The overall HDD SMART status is shown using HDD icons in the Drive View.
* R-Studio shows hard links, symbolic links, and their targets using different icons.
* Ranges for the Created / Modified / Accessed timestamps on the Find/Mark and Mask dialog boxes can be set separately.
* Improved folder tree discovery for deleted files on the Ext3/4FS and UFS partitions.
* A regular region can be turned into an exclusive one.
* An exclusive region can be of any size fitting the disk. Previously it could only be equal to the disk size.
* Some information, including a file path, can be copied from the File View panel.
* Debug information can be saved not only in the fss format, but in the rdr format, too. This format includes all file system meta data, but much less in size when a compressed disk image.
* Text/hexadecimal editor: The status bar now shows the cursor offset in the decimal format, too. When it is clicked, a GoTo dialog box appears, from which the offset value can be copied, or a new offset can be specified.
* The scrollbar in the Hexadecimal editor now shows the selected area.
* R-Studio creates a new forensic log file only when the computer configuration has been changed and writes the CaseName/Number/Operator info to the forensic log for each session.
- R-Studio might crash during scan. Fixed.
- Names of several S.M.A.R.T. attributes were corrected.
- Incorrect work of the Select All and Clear All buttons on the Settings -> Known File Type tab. Fixed.
- Incorrect work of the Set as Default and Revert to Default buttons on the Scan -> Known File Type dialog box. Fixed.
- There was no inquiry about creating a new folder when it was specified in the Specify the target folder field. Fixed.
- When a large piece of data was being written to an unlocked disk in the Hexadecimal editor, the Lock Drive message appeared several times. Fixed.
- Selection disappeared when the cursor was moved in the Hexadecimal editor. Fixed.
- Selection in the Hexadecimal editor was not shown when the Select From command was activated. Fixed.
- Select, copy, and paste did not work in the Find dialog box in the Hexadecimal editor. Fixed.
R-Studio for Mac 5.0.3671 Tue Mar 29, 2016
- Sometimes symlinked folders might be recovered incorrectly. Fixed.
R-Studio for Mac 5.0.3663 Mar 25, 2016
* Enhanced exclusive region controls.
- Some folders might be lost during recovery of symlinked folders. Fixed.
- The hidden attributes message might appear during Extra Found Files recovery when the Restore folder structure and Restore from root options were enabled. Fixed.
- Selected Known File Types could be changed only from the Settings tabs.
- Changes in customer's known file types were not applied immediately. Fixed.
- Region parameters were edited and created incorrectly. Fixed.
- R-Studio might start disk scan even when no file system and no known file types were selected.
- The overall progress bar was not always be shown during data recovery. Fixed.
- Dialog boxes drop their values when the value changed from KB to GB
- R-Studio might crashed when saving RAID0 and RAID1E description files. Fixed.
- R-Studio might not load customer's RAID description files. Fixed.
- Parity settings might overwrite the number of rows. Fixed.
- Many cosmetic bugs were fixed.
R-Studio for Mac 5.0.3621 Thu Jan 14, 2016
- R-Studio might crash during disk scan. Fixed.
R-Studio for Mac 5.0.3613 Tue Jan 12, 2016
* R-Studio now detects PCI device id, in addition to USB device id. It writes them to the system dump.
- R-Studio might incorrectly interpret compressed images for LDM disks. Fixed.
- Some small cosmetic bugs. Fixed.
R-Studio for Mac 5.0.3606 Tue Jan 05, 2016
+ A new advanced algorithm for recovering exFAT partitions.
+ A new advanced algorithm for raw file recovery (search for file signatures) with regularly checked and updated file signature database.
+ Support for unsyncronized Windows software RAIDs.
+ Support for Windows Storage Spaces created in Windows 10 Threshold 2.
* RAID layout description files now store actual RAID parents. They can be automatically loaded into the RAID parents from the Drives list.
= A new format for RAID layout description files. The old RAID layout description files are still supported.
- Sometimes R-Studio could not find exFAT partitions during disk scan. Fixed.
- Custom offsets were selected incorrectly during automatic RAID parameter recognition. Fixed.
- When the Apply button became active after some changes in the RAID layout, it was necessary to click twice the Apply changes immediately option to activate it. Fixed.
- It was impossible to select Custom in the Block order option when a RAID layout type was selected. Fixed.
- Some cosmetic and localization bugfixes.
- The editor showed incorrect Windows time, DOS time, and Unix time. Fixed.
- Custom templates could not be loaded. Fixed.
- The editor hanged when trying to write something to Sector 0 in an off-line disk. Fixed.
R-Studio for Mac 4.9.3480 Sat Oct 10, 2015
* Improved Windows Storage Spaces processing: if their parents have time-inconsistent databases, the last valid database is selected.
= Custom RAID layouts are created now a bit differently.
- Sometimes a search for a file operation might result in a program crash. Fixed.
- File search for recursively interlinked files in Directory Junctions might result in an endless cycle. Fixed.
- Sometimes it was impossible to create a custom RAID layout. Fixed.
- Some RAID description files could be loaded incorrectly. Fixed.
- Large Windows Storage Spaces (dozens of TBs) were processed incorrectly. Fixed.
- While checking RAID consistency, R-Studio showed sectors with 0 as consistent data (green), although it should be white. Fixed.
- A large file (within the size of the changes buffer) was loaded from, and saved to, the disk very slowly. Fixed.
- When some changes were made for a virtual RAID, the Apply changes immediately option sets only after a second click. Fixed.
- Several cosmetic bugfixes.
R-Studio for Mac 4.9.3437 Mon Aug 31, 2015
+ Improved emergency startup for Mac computers.
+ An advanced algorithm for raw file recovery (search for file signatures).
+ The Hex editor extension: A file location is shown in a particular disk sector.
+ Support for Directory Junctions and Symbolic Links.
* Support for storage spaces in windows 10 RTM
* Improved support for NTFS $LogFile
* Improved file recovery from FAT32 disks
* The log data can now be appended to an existing file.
* Now R-Studio shows extra files found by their file signature both in the Raw Files folder and in recognized partitions.
* The file recovery algorithm has been optimized.
* When enumerating files on a FAT partition, R-Studio detects deleted files which cannot be correctly located due to corruptions in file systems made by Windows when it deletes a large number of files. In this case R-Studio throws a warning asking the user to scan the disk to locate those files correctly.
* Improved support for BIOS RAID in R-Studio Emergency and R-Studio Agent Emergency
- Sometimes R-Studio recovered simlinks as separate folders with the same content. Fixed.
- R-Studio might crash when many images were open one after another. Fixed.
- The Load/Save files list command might not work when files were sorted by extension or time stamps. Fixed.
- Several cosmetic fixes for the Settings dialog box.
- Cosmetic fixes for the S.M.A.R.T. tab.
- Slow recovery of many small files (>10,000). Fixed.
- Directory Junctions weren’t showed correctly under Windows. Fixed.
- The Save File Names to File didn’t work on the extension and time sorting tabs. Fixed.
- After the Load File Names command R-Studio switched to the tab from which the file names were saved. Fixed.
- The Add to RAID menu didn’t have scrolling. Fixed.
- R-Studio might not show the overall data recovery progress. Fixed.
- R-Studio sometimes didn’t show correctly progress for some operations like partition opening, imaging. Fixed.
- When working with DDI, the information in the Status: B/C column might disappear when switching the file sorting tabs (extension, times). Fixed.
- Sometimes R-Studio showed folders deleted from the root folder in Extra Found Files rather than in the root folder. Fixed.
- RAID consistency check once stopped could not be continued. Fixed.
- When recovering Directory Junctions, R-Studio might save files to the Directory Junctions symbolic paths rather than to the recovery path. Fixed.
- The Save File Names command didn’t work from the extension and time stamps tabs. Fixed.
- R-Studio asked to save scaninfo before initial scanning an opened image or loading scan info. Fixed.
- R-Studio attached recognized partitions from an opened dsk disk image to those on the original hard drive. Fixed.
- R-Studio cut text strings in the progress window. Fixed.
- Anytime the Settings were changed R-Studio asked to re-write its log. Fixed.
- The Maximum messages in the Event Log option on the Settings/Log tab didn’t work. Fixed.
- The Apply changes immediately option could be enabled only after the second click after changing parameters on the RAID Parents tab.
- The changes buffer might work sloppy for very many changes. Fixed.
- An extra right character was saved to the file when a command Save to Hexadecimal File was performed for a selected area. Fixed.
- The Text/hexadecimal editor sometimes didn’t refresh its status bar. Fixed.
- The cursor might slightly get onto the next character. Fixed.
- Search was conducted over unchanged data if changes in the data had not been saved.
- When performing the Refresh command on the shortcut menu, R-Studio refreshed the previous DeepSpar disk. Fixed.
- R-Studio didn’t unmark files after the Clone marked file sectors command had been performed for DeepSpar disks. Fixed.
- The Clone file sectors command didn’t work when files were sorted by extension or timestamps. Fixed.
R-Studio for Mac 4.8.3262 Sun Feb 22, 2015
+ Accelerated disk scan for fast-read devices.
+ Search for deleted file versions. R-Studio can search for deleted file versions using their sizes, names and extensions, and recognized file types as the search parameters.
* More reliable and significantly faster recognition of NTFS and FAT partitions.
* Files found using both search for known file types and file record analysis are now shown only in the file/folder structure.
* Improved data selection in the Hexadecimal editor. Now the beginning and end of the area to be selected can be set by the Select from and Select to commands in the shortcut menu.
* Appending data to an existing file in the Hexadecimal editor. A file fragment selected in the editor can be appended to an existing file.
* An external file can be loaded to a selected position in the file opened in the Hexadecimal editor.
* The Hexadecimal editor shows the serial number for the parent hard drive when editing a virtual RAID.
* The Hexadecimal editor shows now a search position together with the progress bar.
- Sometimes scan might freeze. Fixed.
- When a created virtual object like a region, RAID, image, etc, was deleted, its scan info remained somewhere under the root object Local Computer, and no command can be executed upon that info. Fixed, now R-Studio asks to save that scan info before deleting the object.
-When a connection to a remote computer was lost, all open tabs (disks or partitions) from that computer remained in R-Studio. Fixed.
- Incorrect log data for file recovery in the Demo mode: all files were counted as recovered, even they could not recover due to Demo mode restrictions. Fixed.
- Names, Labels, and File Systems were lost for objects in an exclusive region when it was edited. Fixed.
- It was impossible to enter hex values in the offset field in the Hexadecimal editor. Fixed.
- Somtimes data search didn't work in the Hexadecimal editor, and it was impossible to stop it. Fixed.
- Some settings like a path to the user's known file type file were GUI language-dependent. When the language was changed, they got lost, when the language was changed back, they appeared again. Fixed.
- Sometimes “Error creating system snap shot for...” appeared in the log when a FS Snapshot was created. Fixed.
R-Studio for Mac 4.7.3158 Tue Dec 02, 2014
+ Support for Apple software RAIDs created by the OSX system. R-Studio can automatically recognize and assemble them from their members. Members with severe corrupted RAID parameter records can be added manually.
+ Support for Windows Storage Spaces created by Windows 10. Now R-Studio can process WSS created by Windows 8/8.1 and 10, both with automatic recognition and manual adding their parents.
+ Support for Linux Logical Volume Manager (LVM/LVM2). R-Studio can automatically recognize and assemble its volumes from their components even if RAID parameter records are slightly damaged. Components with severe corrupted RAID parameter records can be added manually.
R-Studio for Mac 4.6.3073 Fri Oct 03, 2014
+ Support for Windows Storage Spaces. R-Studio can automatically recognize and assemble Windows Storage Spaces from their parents even if their databases are slightly damaged. Their parents with severe corrupted storage pool databases can be added manually.
+ Support for DiskSpare Disk Imager (DDI) images and disk maps. R-Studio can read and process images and disk maps created by standalone DDI hardware.
* When recovering data over network, R-Studio now processes virtual block RAIDs, as other objects, on the remote side, avoiding large data transfers over the network.
* R-Studio Demo can recover files up to 256 KB.
* The scanning stop procedure is improved: scan information can be saved before stopping.
- Sometimes disks with bad sectors might be copied incorrectly. Fixed.
- Sometimes disk scans might freeze. Fixed.
- The progress bar might disappear while finding RAID parameters. Fixed.
- RAID 6 /Vertical Xor RAIDs parameters might display incorrectly. Fixed.
R-Studio for Mac 4.5.2953 Thu Jul 10, 2014
* Support for Retina high dpi screens.
* R-Studio warns when attempting to connect to an already connected remote computer and blocks such attempt.
- Changing values for Virtual Memory on the Settings/Memory panel resulted in changes for Physical Memory, and vice versa. Fixed.
- The Memory size parameter was incorrectly manually edited on the Settings/Memory panel. Fixed.
- The Create scan information file option on the Create Image dialog box was enabled by default. Fixed.
- Old parameters remained after a new RAID parameter detection. Fixed.
- Negative values might appear in the Detection Rate during RAID parameter detection. Fixed.
R-Studio for Mac 4.5.2904 Tue Jun 10, 2014
1. Sizes of recognized partitions on virtual RAIDs might be shortened. Fixed.
2. R-Studio might show deleted files/folders which MFT records were occupied with new ones on wrong places. Fixed.
3. Sometimes Detection Rate might might show negative values during RAID parameter detection. Fixed.
4. A default Crash Report filename contained an illegal character :. Fixed.
5. R-Studio didn’t take into account folder’s hard links during file search. (It didn’t show files in hard links). Fixed.
R-Studio for Mac 4.5.2842 Thu May 29, 2014
+ Hardlink recovery for HFS+ and NTFS.
- When auto-detecting RAID parameters, R-Studio not always selected the best variant. Fixed.
- Incorrect symbols in the License Agreement. Fixed.
- Incorrect behavior of the Failed hardlink recovery dialog box. Fixed.
- The Create scan information option was selected by default on the Create Image dialog box. Fixed.
- R-Studio failed to create an image when a new folder was selected. Fixed.
- R-Studio might freeze when attempting to open a file of a multi-file image with some other files moved to another place. Fixed.
R-Studio for Mac 4.5.2750 Thu Apr 10, 2014
+ Reverse RAIDS: This technique enables the user to decompose a real disk object into a virtual RAID. Then those components of that reverse RAID can be processed like real objects. They can be viewed, edited, imaged, copied to physical drives, etc. This technique also can re-construct data on the real parents of a virtual RAID, on a missing disk, for example.
+ S.M.A.R.T. attribute monitoring. R-Studio can display S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) attributes for hard drives to show their hardware health and predict their possible failures. Any unnecessary work with such hard drives should be avoided if S.M.A.R.T. warnings appear.
+ New GUI languages added: Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Japanese, and Portuguese.
* Known File Type parsing is improved.
* Support for HFS+ folder hardlinks.
- R-Studio might freeze when analyzing file systems with cyclic cross-links. Fixed.
- R-Studio didn’t deliver any messages when it didn’t find any offset while detecting RAID parameters. Fixed.
- R-Studio didn’t send block size of a detected RAID to the RAID parents window. Fixed.
- R-Studio didn’t warn its user that is was going to overwrite an existing scan info or image file. Fixed.
- The Hexadecimal editor might freeze after an I/O error. Fixed.
- A Check RAID consistency process could not be resumed after a stop unless the RAID was re-created. Fixed.
- It was possible to connect a single remote computer any times, and the same numbers of that remote computer would appear in the Drives panel. Fixed.
- Many cosmetic bugs.
R-Studio for Mac 4.0.2399 Thu Oct 31, 2013
+ Automatic RAID parameter recognition. R-Studio can recognize all RAID parameters for RAID 5 and 6. This feature helps the user to solve one of the most difficult problems in RAID recovery - RAID parameter recognition.
+ Support for parity delays in all applicable RAID layouts.
* Enhanced parity delay controls.
- Several connections from the same remote computer were possible. Fixed.
- R-Studio didn’t warn about losing information on a virtual RAID upon its closure. Fixed.
- Incorrect information about the offset and destination was displayed on the last page in the Drives Copy Wizard during binary copy. Fixed.
- No warning was displayed about an attempt to re-write existing scan info during simultaneous disk scan and image creation. Fixed.
- Several cosmetic bugfixes.
R-Studio for Mac 3.1 Build 1520 May 29, 2013
+ Support for RAID5 with parity delays often used in HP servers.
+ Support for new RAID levels: RAID10 (1+0), RAID1E, RAID5E, RAID5EE, RAID6E.
+ A new file previewer that supports additional file formats: Adobe Acrobat pdf, Microsoft Office documents doc, xls, ppt (Office 97-2003), docx, xlsx, pptx.
+ Support for ReFS (Resilient File System), a new local file system Microsoft introduced in its Windows 2012 Server.
* Almost all R-Studio's files (images, scan info, logs, etc.) can be saved to and load from, a remote computer.
* R-Studio stores the name and path to the file stored on the remote computer.
* When a file name is stored, R-Studio inserts the line end marks depending on the OS.
- Some bugfixes in localizations.
- Sometimes R-Studio might freeze when enumerating files. Fixed.
- File paths might be stored incorrectly. Fixed.
- Sometimes R-Studio might save recovered files to its local folder.
- R-Studio might incorrectly create, edit, and process user's Known File Types. Fixed.
- R-Studio might crash when creating a file system snapshot. Fixed.
- The Do you want to remove loaded File Type Definitions right now? message might appear when some settings were changed on the Main tab of the Settings dialog box. Fixed.
- R-Studio might incorrectly load and save RAID description files. Fixed.
- R-Studio might freeze when creating and deleting a virtual RAID object. Fixed.
- During object copy it was sometimes impossible to enlarge / reduce object size. Fixed.
- File Previewer didn’t show non-Latin characters in file names. Fixed.
- Sometimes scan info wasn’t saved together with the image file. Fixed.
- The same image (rdr) could be opened multiple times. Fixed.
- The option Recover real folder structure was active when files were sorted by their real structure. Fixed.
- The command Create Image was active for opened images. Fixed.
- When the contextual menu command Refresh was executed on the first panel, recognized partitions might appear, and they even could be scanned. Fixed.
- The contextual menu command Close All Previews was active when all preview instances were closed using the closed button. Fixed.
- When a file recovery list was loaded, no files were marked for recovery. Fixed.
- R-Studio crashed when a user's RAID layout file was loaded. Fixed.
- R-Studio crashed when the RAID layout was set to Custom. Fixed.
- The command Check RAID consistency might be randomly active or inactive for the same RAID layout.
- Incorrect information display on the RAID consistency check window. Fixed.
- The Forensic Log Settings dialog box didn't appear when the Recover All Files command was executed. Fixed.
- R-Studio might show incorrect info about file sizes and number of folders. Fixed.
- R-Studio might show incorrect number of marked files and their sizes. Fixed.
- Elements in a folder marked on the Folders panel weren't marked until mouse was brought to the Contents panel. Fixed.
- R-Studio might assign an incorrect default file extension for a disk image file on a remote computer. Fixed.
- R-Studio didn't mark / unmark files in the Metafiles folder from the Find/Mark dialog box. Fixed.
- Many cosmetic bugfixes.
R-Studio for Mac 3.0 Build 1448 Jun 16, 2012
+ Simultaneous image creation and scan. Now R-Studio can create an image and simultaneously scan the data being copied. In this case R-Studio creates two files stored at the same place: an image file and file with the scan info.
+ File Recovery Lists: lists of files found on disks that can be exported out of R-Studio, manually edited, than imported back, and files from those lists will be automatically marked for recovery. Such lists are very useful if you want someone who is far away to decide which files are to recover and which aren’t to.
+ RAID consistency check: you may check whether the parity blocks on a RAID are valid.
+ Image and scan info files may be saved on and load from, remote computers. This helps R-Studio to avoid transferring large data volumes over network during network recovery.
* R-Studio processes HFS and FAT file systems much faster.
* R-Studio processes Known File Types much faster.
- Sometimes, R-Studio might crash during disk scan. Fixed.
- Some bugs in the Region and Exclusive Region dialog boxes are fixed.
- On the Find/Mark and File Mask dialog boxes, it was possible to enter inconsistent data interval into the between field. Fixed.
R-Studio for Mac 2.6.1419 Dec 30, 2011
* Now it’s possible to edit a disk with 2^63 sectors (previously it was 2^32).
* The appearance of the Connect to Remote dialog box is improved
- It was impossible to open a file without an extension if *.* was selected. Fixed.
- An old language mark remained on the Help -> Change Language menu item when the GUI language had been changed on the Help -> Language menu item. Fixed.
- A long file path and name might not to fit into the Demo limitations dialog box. Fixed.
- Several bugs in the Text/Hexadecimal editor are fixed.
R-Studio for Mac 2.6.1414 Nov 16, 2011
- There was a typo in the support email. Fixed.
R-Studio for Mac 2.6.1410 Nov 07, 2011
- R-Studio might crash when the Text/hexadecimal editor is started. Fixed.
R-Studio for Mac 2.6.1404 Nov 03, 2011
- There was a cosmetic bug in the installation package under Lion. Fixed.
R-Studio for Mac 2.6.1403 Oct 30, 2011
* The GUI language can be changed on-the-fly.
* Explicit specification of any IP address for incoming connections.
* R-Studio now deletes dot and space at the end of the names of recovered files and folders. Windows Explorer and many other programs cannot open such files. They can be opened only if they are opened using their URI (The full path started with //).
- Corrections in the French localization.
- Possible crashes during scan and opening of files.
- Search might not work is some parameters are entered into the Find/Mark dialog box. Fixed.
- A bug when the Extension и Description fields were edited in the Edit User's File Types dialog box. Fixed.
- An image file might not be saved on a FAT32 disk if Image split size Fixed on the Create Image dialog box is selected as 4Gb FAT32. Fixed.
- Connect to Remote might not work properly sometimes. Fixed.
- Sometimes R-Studio could freeze while scanning. Fixed.
- Some bugs are fixed in the module loading Known File Types and RAID description files.
- The Wait dialog box could incorrectly show file names during their recovery. Fixed.
- The GUI known file type editor could save several signatures as fffff. Fixed.
- Some small interface bugs.
R-Studio for Mac 2.6 build 1354 Feb 14, 2011
* Parsing of ExtFS is completely re-designed for much better performance.
* Work with FAT is improved.
* Scan is much faster now.
- The progress bar showed the progress only for the current file recovery. Fixed.
- Empty fields on the Connect dialog box can now be correctly handled when waiting a connection from a remote computer.
- The RAID module could crash when some parameters were edited. Fixed.
- Some bugfixes in data representation in Scan info display.
- The pre-viewer could start at the background. Fixed.
- Sometimes duplicate file records were not always deleted. Fixed.
- Nothing could be entered into the Rename and change... filed on the Recover/Advanced dialog box. Fixed.
- Some dialog boxes didn’t show their names. Fixed.
R-Studio for Mac 2.6 build 1249 Oct 29, 2010
+ A 64-bit version is added.
+ A connection can be established either from R-Studio to R-Studio Agent, or from R-Studio Agent to R-Studio. This allows R-Studio to traverse NAT/firewall when recovering data over Internet. HTTP tunneling is used when necessary.
+ Improved scanning for NTFS partitions.
+ Improved scanning for FAT partitions.
+ Improved progress bar. It shows the progress for an individual file being recovered and overall recovery process, elapsed and remaining time, and recovery log.
* The graphic representation shows scan results more accurately.
* It is possible to cancel the Open Scan Information operation.
* Depending file types can be enabled and disabled simultaneously with a warning.
* BlockSize on the Properties tab can now be explicitly specified (rather than selected among predefined values).
* Names for more folders can be recovered. Previously they would have received names like $$$FolderXXXX.
- It was impossible to recover any metafile if the Recover metafiles option on the Recovery dialog box was not selected, even when the metafile was specifically marked for recovery. Fixed.
- An incorrect message appeared when creating images. Fixed.
- An incorrect file extension filter was in dialog boxes. Fixed.
R-Studio for Mac 2.0 build 903 Oct 27, 2009
+ A new scan progress show mode is added: None, were the Scan Information tab is not visible for the object being scanned. This mode can make the scan process faster and more stable.
+ A path to the user's templates for Text/hexadecimal editor is added.
+ R-Studio keeps previous user selections for Known File types when a user loads its own file type definition files.
+ A new and more versatile RAID layout description language is introduced.
* Progress bars show task progresses separately for R-Studio itself and Text/hexadecimal editor.
* If an error appears when R-Studio connects to remote R-Studio agent, the Connect dialog message with the error explaining message appears
* Log now shows image creation time.
= The Find/Mark and Mask dialog box layouts are changed.
- R-Studio now correctly processes chained cross-linked folders.
- The Find command in the Text/hexadecimal editor can now be stopped correctly.
- Some small cosmetic bugs
R-Studio for Mac 2.0 build 887 Sep 29, 2009
+ RAID 6 support, including Reed-Solomon and Vertical XOR. Support for custom-specified RAID 6 layouts.
+ Advanced object copy. In addition to byte to byte copy of any object visible in the Drives panel, smart copy of partitions and hard drives with size and offset adjustment is available.
+ Support for exFAT and Ext4fs file systems.
+ The Recover, Mark, Preview items on the contextual menu on the Find Results panel.
+ Tooltips are added to the RAID control.
* The RAID control is refreshed when a RAID preset is loaded to update the offsets.
* The last position of stream bookmarks is stored in Text/hexadecimal Editor.
* User's Known File Types are applied without program restart by specifying a new Known File Types file name or by clicking the Reload… button on the Known File Types tab in R-Studio Preferences.
* The cursor is blinking while editing in Text/hexadecimal editor.
* Default file names are automatically generated for all files, like images, scan info, etc.
* Search parameters are kept in Text/hexadecimal editor
* The Select All and Clear All buttons are added on the Preferences -> Known File Types dialog box.
* The Reset button is added to the Settings panel. This button resets the settings to their initial default.
- Possible bugs in processing very large volumes (4TB+)
- Possible bugs in recovery of large files (+4GB)
- Bugs appearing while recovery file and folder attributes.
- Bugs in the Select dialog box in Text/hexadecimal editor.
- Bugs in Hexview fill in Text/hexadecimal editor
- The Select range dialog box in Text/hexadecimal editor. Correct error messages are added and the error focus is set.
- Hexview scroll and goto bugs.
- Some messages didn't appear in the Log panel.
R-Studio for Mac v1.4: build 649 Jun 10, 2009
+ Several image files can be added from one dialog session
= The Enable Write and Debug Mode options are now in the Settings dialog
= Information representation on scan progress is optimized.
- Problems with storing registration information on PowerPC
- Bugs in bookmark functionality in HexView
- Bugs in template functionality in HexVew
- Scrolling in HexView
R-Studio for Mac v1.3: build 362 Fri Jan 30, 2009
= New dialog box for image creation
= Bookmarks in Hexadecimal Editor are separated for different attributes/streams
- Some small internal and interface bugs
R-Studio for Mac v1.3: build 352 Jan 22, 2009
+ Text descriptions for Simple/Detailed View on the Scan dialog box.
+ Links processing on the text right to the scan area limits input.
+ The Set for all drives button on the Settings → Bad sectors dialog.
+ Jump history in the Hex/Decimal Editor under the Back and Forward buttons.
= Layout of dialog boxes which had the Advanced button (Recover, Find/Mark, File Mask). The Main and Advanced tabs are used instead the Advanced button.
+ Data attribute selection is moved to the toolbar in the Hex/Decimal Editor
- Work under Tiger
R-Studio for Mac v1.3: build 344 Jan 16, 2009
+ Stream editing in Hex/Decimal Editor
- Some problems with registrations
- Some minor bugs
R-Studio for Mac v1.3: build 284 Dec 04, 2008
+ Data recovery over network from a remote computer with R-Agent running
+ Ability to load user-defined signatures for known file types
+ Tabs in FileView to switch between different file sorting (extensions,
+ Editor to create standard and advanced RAID layouts
* A new dialog with all program settings
* Loading/Saving of file types selected by the user
* Enhancements in the RAID editor
* Find all and search is faster
* File view is faster and requires less RAM.
- If the 64KB limitation appeared during file recovery, it was impossible to register
R-Studio for Mac on the fly and recover that file
- The model of search results and search in HexView is corrected
- Bugfixing in the Scan process
- Bugfixing in the log and log file writing subsystems
- Bugfixing in the RAID editor