In Windows 7 if I setup a task in R-Drive it is automatically given the name "R-Drive Image task #1" and shows up in windows Task Scheduler with that name. This isn't very meaningful so I rename the task in r-drive and would expect that it would reflect that change in the windows Task Scheduler but it doesn't. If I edit this now renamed task in r-drive (say change the schedule time) r-drive creates a new task in windows Task Scheduler with the new name and the changes to the task I made. The big problem is that the original "R-Drive Image task #1" is left in the windows task scheduler.
In one install I setup about 6 different backup tasks. I have to rename these to something relevant since "R-Drive Image task #1", "R-Drive Image task #2" ect... means nothing to me. Now unless I go in and edit each task the tasks with the new names never shows up in windows task scheduler. If I do edit the tasks so the new names show up in windows task scheduler I end up with a bunch of "R-Drive Image task #1", "R-Drive Image task #2" etc... in windows task scheduler that I have to go in and delete by hand otherwise I get duplicate backup jobs competing with each other.
I use to use r-drive in windows XP and this was never a problem, it worked perfectly. In windows 7 it is a big hassle to manage backup tasks.