Renaming task problems in Windows 7

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
justsomeguy6575

Renaming task problems in Windows 7

Post by justsomeguy6575 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:08 pm

In Windows 7 if I setup a task in R-Drive it is automatically given the name "R-Drive Image task #1" and shows up in windows Task Scheduler with that name. This isn't very meaningful so I rename the task in r-drive and would expect that it would reflect that change in the windows Task Scheduler but it doesn't. If I edit this now renamed task in r-drive (say change the schedule time) r-drive creates a new task in windows Task Scheduler with the new name and the changes to the task I made. The big problem is that the original "R-Drive Image task #1" is left in the windows task scheduler.

In one install I setup about 6 different backup tasks. I have to rename these to something relevant since "R-Drive Image task #1", "R-Drive Image task #2" ect... means nothing to me. Now unless I go in and edit each task the tasks with the new names never shows up in windows task scheduler. If I do edit the tasks so the new names show up in windows task scheduler I end up with a bunch of "R-Drive Image task #1", "R-Drive Image task #2" etc... in windows task scheduler that I have to go in and delete by hand otherwise I get duplicate backup jobs competing with each other.

I use to use r-drive in windows XP and this was never a problem, it worked perfectly. In windows 7 it is a big hassle to manage backup tasks.

justsomeguy6575

Re: Renaming task problems in Windows 7

Post by justsomeguy6575 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:57 am

I realize that windows 7 does not allow directly renaming a scheduled task. The work around for the is to export, rename the file then import the task back. R-Drive should be able do this behind the scenes when I rename within r-drive. Or R-Drive should delete the old task and create a new one with the new name.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Renaming task problems in Windows 7

Post by Alt » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:33 am

I've passed the problem to our developers.
Thank you for reporting the problem.