Rescue disc to USB possible?

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
jerry2

Re: Rescue disc to USB possible?

Post by jerry2 » Sun May 05, 2013 1:20 pm

Thank you very much, I didn't know R-Drive is so inteligent to look on USB if there is something on it. I had to reformat it but not to NTFS but FAT32 and then it recognised it and made files there, I guess it will work now when booted if needed.

Can the startup be made so I need to press a key to boot it else it continues loading windows? I can not put USB in the machine as it is in another country (remote computer) ;-)

Yours

Jernej

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Mon May 06, 2013 5:13 am

jerry2 wrote: Can the startup be made so I need to press a key to boot it else it continues loading windows? I can not put USB in the machine as it is in another country (remote computer) ;-)
Sorry, I don't quite understand what you're going to do. You have a very remote computer and you need to start it from the USB drive you have it with you? Or there's someone over there who can put the USB drive and start the remote computer?

jerry2

Post by jerry2 » Mon May 06, 2013 5:18 am

No the USB is allways plugged in. So if I set in BIOS the first boot device = USB then R-Drive recue would allways boot. If I set the HD the rescue would never boot.

I'd like it like windows CD, when it is inside it asks if I want to boot from it and if I click keyboard it boots from CD else it continues booting the windows after some 30 seconds. Is it possible to do the same with R-Drive rescue disc?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Mon May 06, 2013 10:46 am

jerry2 wrote:I'd like it like windows CD, when it is inside it asks if I want to boot from it and if I click keyboard it boots from CD else it continues booting the windows after some 30 seconds. Is it possible to do the same with R-Drive rescue disc?
No, unfortunately this is not possible. You have to do all this manually.

jerry2

Post by jerry2 » Mon May 06, 2013 11:08 am

Thanx...