Top Ten Review Site

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
pthodge

Top Ten Review Site

Post by pthodge » Mon May 08, 2017 10:36 pm

Morning,
After, stupidly, following the Top Ten Review site I purchased Data Rescue PC4 to recover a crash HDD. After purchasing I realised that they limited the number of drives you can recover this was warning number one. I tried to recover the drive, the software said it would take 695 hours, I asked them and they said clone the drive and try again, so now having used two of my 5 drive limit I tried again. It took two weeks to recover 47% of 717GB with 295 hours remaining, also producing crazy file names and ridiculous directory structure. I gave up.
Cam back to R-TT and bought R-Studio.
3 days later completely recovered the drive with correct file names and correct directory structure, I have the screen shots to prove how crazy Data Rescue PC4 is.
I sent them the information and received no reply, I also submitted this information to the "Top Ten Review" site with no reply.

All I can say is R-TT provide the most reliable and professional software available.
Thanks,

Peter

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Top Ten Review Site

Post by Alt » Thu May 11, 2017 10:29 am

Well, thank you for your message. We even have an independent review of this situation: R-STUDIO Review on TopTenReviews: Conflict or Confusion?.

Data-Medics

Re: Top Ten Review Site

Post by Data-Medics » Mon May 15, 2017 10:46 am

Yeah, Data Rescue 4 also requires online activation each time the program is run, plus their servers are terribly unreliable. Seems every time I've tried to even compare their software their servers are down.

I will say this though, I have known of a case or two where DR4 got better results than any other software for badly damaged HFS+. With those sort of cases each software will get different results and it's worth having just for comparison sake. I think to really get good results in data recovery you need to have a diversity of software. Each title has certain niches they are good for.

R-Studio is probably the best place to start though :D as it's one of the most well-rounded programs.