Missing internal SSD on restore

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
mikeblakeus

Missing internal SSD on restore

Post by mikeblakeus » Wed May 22, 2024 5:50 am

New user - R-Drive Image 7.2 (Build 7201)

Full backup of GPT internal SSD successful.
Able to view drive and all partitions in Partition Manager and Mount Virtual Disk in the image file created.
Able to mount image and copy a file from the image to the desktop, so the image appears to be good.
Created WindowsPE startup disk and successfully booted to the recovery environment (I also created a Linux startup disk which failed to boot).
SSD is visible in Select image file along with external drive containing the image file and startup disk.
Selected image file on external drive.
SSD visible in the image file as Source but not as a Destination. Only the Drag and drop here to restore files, startup disk and external drive visible in Destination.

Why is the GPT internal SSD not visible as a destination in the recovery environment?

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Missing internal SSD on restore

Post by Alt » Wed May 22, 2024 9:04 am

Please contact our techsupport with this problem. They'll help you to solve it.

rastus

Post by rastus » Mon May 27, 2024 8:07 pm

That is exactly what happened to me recently - on a weekend. I did not have time to wait for a technical support email, so I ended up re-installing Windows and then restoring my data as individual files after I got Windows back up.

It could have been helpful to me at the time if you guys had posted some possible causes here in the forum, instead of just saying "contact technical support". I don't mean to sound like a whiner, but really, that's what I expect a forum like this to help with. Then if I still can't figure it out I will then contact technical support. Please take my comment into consideration. Thank you.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Tue May 28, 2024 9:09 am

rastus wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 8:07 pm
It could have been helpful to me at the time if you guys had posted some possible causes here in the forum, instead of just saying "contact technical support". I don't mean to sound like a whiner, but really, that's what I expect a forum like this to help with.
Solving this problem requires the system information of your computer. I doubt that you want to publish it on this forum making it available to the entire world.