Weird behaviour

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
jopeme

Weird behaviour

Post by jopeme » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:44 am

Hi everyone,
After creating a rescue bootable USB, I've been able to clone both a MacBook Air and an old Toshiba L-300 without a single problem. However, I simply can't start up a late-2009 iMac using the same procedure. The screen turns black and the cursor starts endlessly blinking.

I find it quite surprising, since the iMac has a very simple partitional structure in comparison with my Macbook Air, which has several partitions (hfs+, bootcamp), and the Toshiba, which houses both Windows and Linux partitions.

By the moment being, I am dealing with the issue by using Clonezilla instead, but it's a pain in the neck. R-Drive manages partitions automatically, whereas this process is totally manual with Clonezilla. Thus, hard drives must be managed beforehand using, for instance, gparted, so the whole process becomes clumsier. That's why I finally went for R-Drive.

Any clue?

Thanks from Spain and congratulations on a great tool. I'm loving R-Drive so far
Joaquín

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Weird behaviour

Post by Alt » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:57 am

Did you start iMac as it described in R-Drive Image help: Load Computer into Startup Mode?

jopeme

Re: Weird behaviour

Post by jopeme » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:16 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a go.