WAV-Files rescued and saved as Alias-files

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
Alt
Site Moderator

Re: WAV-Files rescued and saved as Alias-files

Post by Alt » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:52 pm

mabuse wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:46 pm
I would at least try to scan my ssd with trim disabled.
I currently have the ssd (that I want to recover from) connected via an sata adapter to an other mac.
but iam not sure how to address that drive and disable the trim settings via the terminal.
The problem is not with TRIM in your current computer. The problem is that the computer where the SSD was originally installed almost surely had TRIM enabled.

mabuse

Post by mabuse » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:42 pm

thanks for your help.
I could mount the ssd back into my old computer and try to disable trim in osx recovery mode via the Terminal and than try the scan again.
I wonder if i could adress the very ssd from my other computer via terminal and change the trim settings or is necessary to put the ssd back into my old computer?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:09 pm

mabuse wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:42 pm
thanks for your help.
I could mount the ssd back into my old computer and try to disable trim in osx recovery mode via the Terminal and than try the scan again.
I wonder if i could adress the very ssd from my other computer via terminal and change the trim settings or is necessary to put the ssd back into my old computer?
That won't help. TRIM enabled on that computer has already affected file recovery chances.

mabuse

Post by mabuse » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:23 am

Ok, Than i might misunderstood you.
There is nothing that i could do to get more reliable results when restoring a trim enabled ssd?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:15 am

mabuse wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:23 am
There is nothing that i could do to get more reliable results when restoring a trim enabled ssd?
Unfortunately...