Error: Can't read file to be recovered (810) on VeraCrypt drive. Solution?

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
Barkley

Error: Can't read file to be recovered (810) on VeraCrypt drive. Solution?

Post by Barkley » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:54 am

Hi,

My encrypted partition (by VeraCrypt) was quick formatted by accident. Under veracrypt I restored header of the partition so I'm able to mount and decrypt this partition. It's abviously empty.

I used R-Studio to recover files. I did full scan of the disk and R-Stusio found this partition - unfortunatelly marked as red. All files are visible under R-Studio and marked as green (Good - existing file). But when I try to recover files from the disk in most cases I got this message:

"Can't read file to be recovered completely (801)."

Recovered files are half of the size (ar less) and corruped.

I went through the internet and forum but found no solution.
And... that's the point I need Your help... Does anyone know the solution of this problem (if possible)?

Thank You,
Peter

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Error: Can't read file to be recovered (810) on VeraCrypt drive. Solution?

Post by Alt » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:26 pm

I asume that you mounted a VeraCrypt drive and scanned the VeraCrypt virtual drive like how it's described in our article Data Recovery from Various File Container Formats and Encrypted Disks.
If yes, I think some part(s) of the container's file is/are incorrectly decrypted for some reasons.
You may look at the Extra Found Files section to see what happened with raw files.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:12 am

Yes. I did it. But as I mentioned - all files are corrupted - usually after recovery they are less than 5kB.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:04 pm

What's about files in the Raw Files section? Are there any files that can be recovered successfully?