After install, stuck on splash screen

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
ajh158

After install, stuck on splash screen

Post by ajh158 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:53 pm

I just downloaded and installed R-Studio. After (demo) installation finished, R-Studio launches, but never progress past the splash screen (Initializing...). I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, same behavior. Any suggestion for how to work around this issue?

This is on a new Windows 10 installation on a new SSD, which I purchased because the HDD on the system failed.
I am hoping to use R-Studio to repair the failed HDD.

Please let me know what other information I can provide.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: After install, stuck on splash screen

Post by Alt » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:09 pm

Most likely this is the failed disk that causes the problem. Run 'RStudio -safe' from its installation folder and with admin privileges.

othersteve

Post by othersteve » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:58 pm

Same problem here. R-Studio Technician user, splash screen remains frozen and application never launches after most recent update. RStudio -safe corrects the issue as a workaround, but I'm afraid something is indeed broken. No problematic drives are currently connected.

Refreshing interface once launched also hangs the program.

Thanks.

othersteve

Post by othersteve » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:05 pm

No idea what's up, but a reboot fixed it on my end. Might be worth giving that a shot if you haven't already.

FirstImpact

Post by FirstImpact » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:36 am

I was having the same issue actually. After a couple of attempts I decided to abandon this idea, and I haven't tried to install it anymore. I guess I will give it another try as soon as you said that you just have to reboot the pc and everything worked well. Honestly, I got so freaking annoyed because of that, I even crashed my screen, I became really really nervous because of that. After I got a new screen I just could not find a proper placement for it. Only after I have read this https://myhow.org/how-to/rotate-your-computer-screen I have finally found a proper position for it.
Last edited by FirstImpact on Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:32 pm

FirstImpact wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:36 am
I was having the same issue actually. After a couple of attempts I decided to abandon this idea, and I haven't tried to install it anymore.
Did you have USB flash disk connected during the startup?