Asking for help, my first disk

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
rovka

Asking for help, my first disk

Post by rovka » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:59 pm

I have a disk from my first computer i ever owned, it is over 20 years old. It was quick formated so most of the data is still on it. I would very much like as much data recovered as possible, mostly images i took with a very old camera.

What i did so far is, i scanned the disk and recovered images found by "Extra found files". That recovered some images but far from all i had. Apart from "Extra found files" it found many partition entries, when i say many, i mean probably more than 30. It would take ages to try to individualy recover from each of those partition entries by clicking "open files by type" and then recovering .jpg images.

Is there a better way ? Maybe some kind of way where i need to only click recover 1 time and it will recover absolutely all .jpg files that still exist on this disk.

I am using R-STUDIO version 7.2.155105 on windows 8.1 pro.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Asking for help, my first disk

Post by Alt » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:43 pm

Try to find the partitions that have the sizes and positions of the original partition layout on the disk.
Then find and mark all jpg files on those partitions (Find -> Extensions -> jpg, then mark all). Then recover them.

rovka

Post by rovka » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:16 pm

Well, that is what i was doing till now and it is very time consuming. First, i got that disk when it was brand new. And there is like 30 partitions on it even though i only made 2 partitions only. And second ... even the "fake" partitions recover some new files. It would be great if there was a command or something like that, that would say: "recover files from all partitions at once".

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:41 am

rovka wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:16 pm
It would be great if there was a command or something like that, that would say: "recover files from all partitions at once".
We're going to implement this feature.

rovka

Post by rovka » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:58 am

Awesome, thank you soo much. I can still remember some of the photos i took almost 20 years ago and they are probably hiding somewhere. A lot of image files i recovered were "corrupt", i am sure they are hiding somewhere. But good news is i managed to recover many gems that i already forgot about, thanks to r-studio. So thank you for your work :)