Nested "Application Data" folders?

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
jfoust

Nested "Application Data" folders?

Post by jfoust » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:30 pm

I recently upgraded to R-STUDIO 8.15.180125 from 5.4.134120. I'm running under Windows 10 Pro.

I'm seeing nested "Application Data" folders in the recoveries. The first I blamed on a corrupt source drive. When it happened again I wondered if I had set something incorrectly. Both examples were Win 10 source drives. I know there's nothing wrong with the second.

C:\repair\name\Local Settings\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

It's very frustrating because when I try to copy the files, Windows 10 File Explorer or Teracopy truly thinks all those folders are there in the recovered data... meaning if I was only expecting to copy 2 gigs of files, it'll think there's many gigs more as if those files were present N times.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Nested "Application Data" folders?

Post by Alt » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:38 pm

Please, contact our techsupport with this question. They'll help to solve the problem.