Help needed: Good files, but can't be recovered.

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
ziohausam

Help needed: Good files, but can't be recovered.

Post by ziohausam » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:28 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have lost a partition while installing windows. Accedently formatted. 14 years of family memories just gone.
Installed R-studio demo per many recommendations. Scanned and thankfully all files needed are detected and In the correct folder structure. However, tried recovering a sample per demo restrictions, It just fails to recover. Although all files show good green dot, but no file is recovered.
When tried using another applicarion, it says unknown error and files recoevred in 0 bytes size although the scan shows correct sizes.

Also the preview doesn't get anything. Keeps loading without showing images.

Looks like good files with some trick needed to get them back.

Is there anything I can do that would do the trick and allow R-studio to get the files?

Thanks
Hossam

Data-Medics

Re: Help needed: Good files, but can't be recovered.

Post by Data-Medics » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:39 am

Did you scan just the partition or did you scan the whole physical volume? My guess would be you scanned the partition, which caused every found result to have the wrong starting offset. Try going back and scan the actual physical drive, not the logical.

ziohausam

Post by ziohausam » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:52 pm

Thank you so much for the support. You mean the whole disk right? With all patitions (c, d, unallocated)?

ziohausam

Post by ziohausam » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:49 am

I did a full disk search.. Still same things. Appreciate any support/ideas possible :)

ziohausam

Post by ziohausam » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:01 pm

Tried it again. Looks like it worked!!! . The preview works now. I can see the photos Thank you sir.