Why So Many Recognized Partitons Found

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
Modifyinc

Why So Many Recognized Partitons Found

Post by Modifyinc » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:38 pm

Is it normal for a 2 TB SATA NTFS formatted drive that has only been used for storing data to have ~120 Recognized partitions? There are quiet a few that say BOOT; does that mean R-Studio thinks that specific "Recognized" partition was once used as a boot partition?

Also, the manual keeps referencing the color "yellow" as a partition color for distinguishing between the other partition colors, such as black, green, red, yet I have never seen a yellow partition. I've seen orange partition colors, though no mention of orange in the manual, so I'm assuming the "yellow" you guys reference in the manual is actually the orange, at least that is what I'm seeing. I'll provide a picture when I can, if you need one.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Why So Many Recognized Partitons Found

Post by Alt » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:29 am

Let yellow by orange.

As about a lot of recognized partitions, many depends on the file types on the disk. For example, if there are many virtual machine files on the disk, R-Studio may recognize them as separate partitions. But each specific case needs a special investigation.