Can R-Studio recover SDHC

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
minortough

Re: Can R-Studio recover SDHC

Post by minortough » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:44 pm

The XML file didn't work for me. After scanning 1.2 TB it didn't find a single .MTS file. I wonder if it is because mine is a Panasonic .MTS file and it might have a slightly different XML.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:47 am

R-Studio places files into Extra Found Files if it couldn't locate any references to it in Recognized partitions. So, it's useful to search for the files on them.
If that doesn't help, send me a couple of those files (make them very short, ten seconds will be enough) to me, I'll see what is the difference.

pls

Post by pls » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:54 pm

Just quick update.

For quick test, I just enable only m2ts as an known file types then stop scanning after some file displayed as red dots on the "Scan Information".

I recovered two m2ts files taken by Panasonic ZS3 camera and played with Gom-Player.
YES, it worked!!!

I will post update after full 2T scan which will take more than 24hr.

I am usnig R-Linux to recover my WD NAS which I accidently wiped out all data by clicking factory default setting.

Thank you so much for the WONDERFUL tool.

This tool rocks!
Alt wrote:R-Studio places files into Extra Found Files if it couldn't locate any references to it in Recognized partitions. So, it's useful to search for the files on them.
If that doesn't help, send me a couple of those files (make them very short, ten seconds will be enough) to me, I'll see what is the difference.

pls

Post by pls » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:08 pm

Hi,

After 35+hr scanned, I can see many m2ts files.
However, each filse size much bigger than mts video file taken by Panasonic zs3.
For example, 1-2 min video file size is 212GB.

I think the mts format is slightly different from the one of Canon.

Please download following mts video and provide update xml files.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/movies.dpreview ... -00012.MTS

Thank you.
pls wrote:Just quick update.

For quick test, I just enable only m2ts as an known file types then stop scanning after some file displayed as red dots on the "Scan Information".

I recovered two m2ts files taken by Panasonic ZS3 camera and played with Gom-Player.
YES, it worked!!!

I will post update after full 2T scan which will take more than 24hr.

I am usnig R-Linux to recover my WD NAS which I accidently wiped out all data by clicking factory default setting.

Thank you so much for the WONDERFUL tool.

This tool rocks!
Alt wrote:R-Studio places files into Extra Found Files if it couldn't locate any references to it in Recognized partitions. So, it's useful to search for the files on them.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:34 am

pls wrote:Hi,

After 35+hr scanned, I can see many m2ts files.
However, each filse size much bigger than mts video file taken by Panasonic zs3.
For example, 1-2 min video file size is 212GB.

I think the mts format is slightly different from the one of Canon.

Please download following mts video and provide update xml files.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/movies.dpreview ... -00012.MTS

Thank you.
I think the problem is that R-Studio, under this Known File Type description file, can recognize the beginning of an mts file and not its end. It treats the beginning of the next file as the end of the previous one, which, in many cases is true and in many not. So, you'll have to edit the files in a video editing software to cut off the garbage on the file end. It may be a long job to do, but it's better than total loss of files.
Actually, R-Studio can recognize the end of a Known File Type if it exists, and I can modify the description file accordingly. But I need several files more to try to find the signature of the movie's end.

usgsat

Post by usgsat » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:03 pm

I am trying to recover m2ts files that I lost after accidentally reformatting the secondary data drive (and then erroniously installing the OS on it). I am using R-Studio Network Edition 5.2 but m2ts is not one of the option in "known file type". I tired the XML file that was suggested for a Cannon camera generated m2ts but it is not working perhaps because my M2TS HD video files were created by a Panasonic HDC SD5 video camera. Can someone help me with XML file that I can load to use as a "User's file types" ?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:13 am

usgsat wrote:I am trying to recover m2ts files that I lost after accidentally reformatting the secondary data drive (and then erroniously installing the OS on it). I am using R-Studio Network Edition 5.2 but m2ts is not one of the option in "known file type". I tired the XML file that was suggested for a Cannon camera generated m2ts but it is not working perhaps because my M2TS HD video files were created by a Panasonic HDC SD5 video camera. Can someone help me with XML file that I can load to use as a "User's file types" ?
I need at least a couple of small samples to create such a file for this type of video files.

usgsat

Post by usgsat » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:53 am

Here is the link to 4 samle files created by panasonic HDC SD5 HD camera. The file has a m2ts extension. I am trying to recover such files using R-Studio 5.2 Network Edition. The software tools need "known file type" definition for "User's file types". I am seeking such a file definition file.

usgsat

Post by usgsat » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:55 am

Sorry..here is the link to the samle files.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/59pvnf

ForestPalmore

Post by ForestPalmore » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:01 am

Were you able to create the file ALT?
Last edited by ForestPalmore on Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:56 am, edited 12 times in total.