Can R-Studio recover SDHC

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Can R-Studio recover SDHC

Post by Alt » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:58 am

I mean between < and >.
I've tested the file once again, and everything works fine.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:09 am

I confirm there are no line break (between the less than '<' and greater than '>' sign) in the XML document. Here is the link to the XML file, you can see for yourself.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/x6ewbs

As I said before, not a single m2ts file is showing up. If you are able to pull up the m2ts files in your environment, I am wondering what am I doing different ?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:09 am

I downloaded your file and scanned my disk with your files, cloned many times for test consistency. See the results.
I can't say what's wrong with your actions. I'll think it over for a while. OK?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JMPT

Post by JMPT » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:11 pm

Hello,

I have the same problem, all the files and structure are displaying on R-Studio but I only recover currupt or damaged files. I was wondering if I can upload a video to get the necessary code to the knowkn file types. This is an mp4 but from Sony (XDCam-EX codec).

Please let me know and I'll upload a video.

Thank you and excuse-me for hijacking this topic.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:59 am

Did R-Studio find the files, and they appeared corrupt, or was R-Studio unable to find the files?

JMPT

Post by JMPT » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:41 am

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

R-Studio found the files and the folder structure. It recovered the files - only a few selected ones that I randomly choose to test because recovering everything would take a full day and I want to be sure I'll have usable data. Anyway, those files were corrupted using the Video Editing Tools or VLC - I now got to open them using AVS. There is no sound and in the same file I have glitches from other video clips. Some from the same "format layer" and a few from the previous "layer". So even though I can see images, the file is in fact corrupted because everything is mixed up and Its no use to me.

My hope was that by adding the exact file type to R-Studio, I could recover all the files.

Thank You

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:30 pm

JMPT wrote: My hope was that by adding the exact file type to R-Studio, I could recover all the files.
I think, scanning the disk would do better. See R-Studio on-line help for more details. If you already scanned the disk, most likely, the data in the files has been overwritten.

JMPT

Post by JMPT » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:01 pm

I did scan the disk, but its impossible to have the files overwritten as nothing was recorded on the card. The formatting process on the camera takes less than 5 seconds, and the accidental one was interrupted, so I don't think that the camera wrote on top of 16Gbs in that time. I only bought the program because It showed all my files on the scan. The problem now is recovering the data correctly. Are you sure that inputting the correct hexadecimal signature won't help?

PS - If you don't have the time to look at a sample video, maybe you could make a short tutorial, this would benefit me and other users in the future.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:12 pm

The idea of writing a tutorial is a good idea, we'll do that soon.

Can I send you the ftp log/pass to the e-mail you registered with?

JMPT

Post by JMPT » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:50 am

Hello,

Yes, its also the email I used to register the software.

Thank you!