R-Studio 9.2.191115

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
R-tt Team
R-tt Team Member

R-Studio 9.2.191115

Post by R-tt Team » Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:14 pm

A new version of R-Studio is available for download.
New features
+ Data storage types (SSD, HDD, USB, etc) info has been added to the Drives pane.

R-Studio Technician:
+ A new option "Skip files with bad sectors" has been added to runtime imaging of individual folders/files.
+ A new option "Unused clusters only" has been added to the multi-pass and complete runtime imaging options.
+ New file formats for recovery lists have been added: HTML, XML, JSON, and CSV. The new formats, especially the HTML one, allow the customers to easily edit recovery lists in their web browsers and then send edited lists back.

Improvements
* Speed for runtime imaging of individual files has been significantly increased, especially for many small files. (R-Studio Technician)
* Several tabs can now be moved by dragging them with the mouse.
* Processing of various non-printable characters in file names has been improved.
* Hints for shortcut menu items are now shown in the status bar.
* Search for and opening of file regions is now faster.

Changes
= Save/Load File Names menu items and commands have been renamed to Export/Import Recovery List.

Bugfixes
- The path to runtime image was processed incorrectly for runtime imaging on its dialog box. Fixed.
- Hardlinked files may have been recovered incorrectly. Fixed.
- The Estimated size value on the Create Image dialog window may have not changed when the Compression ratio slider was moved. Fixed.
- Files/folders with non-Latin names were not marked after recovery lists were loaded. Fixed.
- No read indicator (R) was shown on the I/O Monitors window while skipping slow areas. Fixed.
- All S.M.A.R.T. icons changed to green after a runtime image was connected. Fixed.
- Names of files which contained something similar to HTML tags may have been shown incorrectly. Fixed.
- Nothing was selected for the Copying mode options on the Smart drive copy tab in Drives Copy Wizard. Fixed.
- It was possible to clear the Enable write option even when runtime imaging was activated. Fixed.
- The program may have crashed when file sorting tabs were switched. Fixed.

hvd

Re: R-Studio 9.2.191115

Post by hvd » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:07 pm

Hello

if there is the video that shows the novelty with each new updated version, it is very useful. I tried the option to export the result in Html, it's well done but the option to search for the name, file extension is missing. I hope the next version will have this option.

Thank

RForce

Post by RForce » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:08 pm

I'm playing with the Runtime Imaging functions in the latest update and the porcess to image targeted files seems simple enough. However, I'm having trouble looking for an option to simply image used sectors by bitmap. Am I looking in the wrong spots or is that feature not yet available?

RForce

Post by RForce » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:34 pm

Also, how does search for and select the imaged files? I just imaged the Users folder to test it out and when I search for good files, files that haven't even been imaged yet are coming up as good.

RForce

Post by RForce » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:53 am

Is there a template location for the HTML reports that we can find and modify so that the reports come out with our branding and not R-Studio's?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:47 pm

RForce wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:08 pm
I'm playing with the Runtime Imaging functions in the latest update and the porcess to image targeted files seems simple enough. However, I'm having trouble looking for an option to simply image used sectors by bitmap. Am I looking in the wrong spots or is that feature not yet available?
The Create Image (multi-pass) dialog box -> Data to process -> Existing files only (FS bitmap)

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:50 pm

RForce wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:53 am
Is there a template location for the HTML reports that we can find and modify so that the reports come out with our branding and not R-Studio's?
The Export Recovery List command -> The File format option HTML -> Export Template -The Export button

RForce

Post by RForce » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:57 pm

Alt wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:47 pm
RForce wrote:
The Create Image (multi-pass) dialog box -> Data to process -> Existing files only (FS bitmap)
Not seeing that option, does that require I close the runtime image? Just trying to figure this out because I tend to get a lot of people asking me how to use advanced functions of various recovery programs.

RForce

Post by RForce » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:57 pm

Alt wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:50 pm
RForce wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:53 am
The Export Recovery List command -> The File format option HTML -> Export Template -The Export button
Cool, that is what I was looking for. Thanks. I'll pass the details on.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:30 pm

RForce wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:57 pm
Alt wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:47 pm
RForce wrote:
Not seeing that option, does that require I close the runtime image? Just trying to figure this out because I tend to get a lot of people asking me how to use advanced functions of various recovery programs.
This option appears when Complete Runtime image is activated.