R-Studio "Show Files" process get stuck at 24%

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
rstudiousr

R-Studio "Show Files" process get stuck at 24%

Post by rstudiousr » Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:36 pm

Hi,
I was able to boot a Live Ubuntu usb on a Macbook Pro (Early 2015) and installed R-Studio Demo for Linux. I'm trying to recover some text files from the Macintosh HD (OWC Aura Pro X2 NVMe - PCIe 3.1 x4 SSD containing the main OS) that no longer boot. R-Studio was able to recognize the drive and all its partitions successfully.

When I select the main partition containing all the files and click Show Files, the process get stuck at around 24%... I'm not letting it run for more than 2-3 minutes after that to prevent creating any issues with the partition. When I click Stop, R-Studio is able to show me some files. I guess R-Studio is coming across an unreadable sector or something... What should I do from that point?

I was thinking of installing R-Studio Technician Demo and create a multi-pass image of the drive than do a Show Files on the generated image.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: R-Studio "Show Files" process get stuck at 24%

Post by Alt » Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:52 am

Let R-Studio run for more time. It doesn't write anything on the disk. Wait for at least 10 min.

rstudiousr

Re: R-Studio "Show Files" process get stuck at 24%

Post by rstudiousr » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:28 pm

I decided to close R-Studio and install R-Studio Technician to try the "Show Files" function with it. It was able to go through the drive smoothly without getting stuck and showed me all the files of the partition correctly. I wanted to try R-Studio a second time and let the process run for at least 10 min but the application no longer want to open. Maybe it's because I left R-Studio Technician open in the background... Since it was able to show me all the files of the partitions, I want to make sure I recover all the files I want before closing it.

I'll get back to you to let you know if R-Studio was able to show me all the files of the partition after letting it run for 10 min or so.