Recovery from Bitlocker partition accidentally quickly erased

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
Dalboss

Recovery from Bitlocker partition accidentally quickly erased

Post by Dalboss » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:01 am

Single Bitlocker partition of only data accidentally quickly erased with "Minitool partition wizard". The only partition on mechanical disk now is "unallocated" so I can't assign any letter and partition cannot be recognised as "bitlocker partition" from Windows and related utilities ("repair-bde").
My R-tool 8.16.180499 version...
- recognise that there is a very small "bitlocker partition" (129 MB)
- about that says "the selected (bitlocker) disc does not contain any supported file systems or file system is corrupted"
- the rest of disk is marked as "empty"

Ps: I have bitLocker password and recovery key.
Many thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Recovery from Bitlocker partition accidentally quickly erased

Post by Alt » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:24 pm

I assume that you have R-Studio 8.16.180499. It doesn't work with Bitlocker, R-Studio 9.3.xxx does. You may install R-Studio 9.3 in parallel with your old R-Studio and test whether it can recognize this BitLocker encryption.

Dalboss

Re: Recovery from Bitlocker partition accidentally quickly erased

Post by Dalboss » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:58 pm

Ok tried last version..no partition found, no bitlocker found, hats off to "Minitool partition wizard" that destroy any trace of recoverable data in 2 seconds, very powerful... maybe too much! :cry: