R-Studio for Mac v2.5 Build 1021

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
R-tt Team
R-tt Team Member

R-Studio for Mac v2.5 Build 1021

Post by R-tt Team » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:42 pm

A new version of R-Studio for Mac is available for download
New features:
+ In-place saving of recovered files on a remote computer. When recovering data on a remote computer over network, R-Studio can now save recovered files on another disk of the same remote computer, on an external USB hard drive, for example. Moreover, such remote computer can be connected to the Internet rather than to a local network. This feature is especially useful for data recovery technicians and corporations who can now serve their clients truly remotely over the Internet and do not need to transfer large volumes of data over network. In addition, files recovered from a remote compute can be saved on a local computer or on another internet-connected remote computer with R-Studio Agent running.
+ Forensic mode (Technician version only). In this mode R-Studio generates a forensic data collection audit log that can be presented at court hearings. This log includes information about a hardware configuration on which the forensic data collection takes place and MD5 for recovered files.
+ Clickable links in Text/hexadecimal editor. Those links provide direct jumps to important parts of objects being analyzed and edited.

Improvements

* The legend in the Raid control hides automatically if there is not enough space for more important elements.
* A new folder/file path widget is added.
* Validation for folder/file paths is improved where it applicable.
* Text/hexadecimal editor: hints are added to the status bar for the Stop and Auto flow buttons.
* Text/hexadecimal editor: Data view pane is better displayed.
* Menu items belonging to inactive panels are blocked.
* A confirmation message for deleting a remote computer contains now the name of the computer to be deleted.
* File names in the Forensic Log dialog box are checked for their consistency.
* Characters entered into the Rename and change all invalid symbols to field are checked for their consistency.

= Changes
= When remote computers are connected, the Recover dialog is changed to reflect the new network file recovery features.
= If Restore from root is not selected, R-Studio creates the recovered folder structure starting from the folders below the lowest common folder.
= Existing image files are re-written in the image file creation task rather than in the image file creation dialog box.
= The Recover dialog box requires that the path for recovered files be full.

Fixed:
- Recognized partitions are removed from the destination device tree in Drive Copy Wizard.
- It was possible to enter 0MB and 0GB into the Size field on the Scan dialog box and start scanning. Fixed.
- When files were marked on the Find Results panel using the Mark command on the shortcut menu, the files were not immediately marked. Fixed.
- When the RAID control was resized, some internal controls might have invalid sizes. Fixed.
- If an image file is to be overwritten, no warning was shown and the files was overwritten. Fixed.
- Scan progress was not shown in the Simple mode. Fixed.
- There was no warning message if an incorrect path for recovered files was entered into the Output folder field on the Recover dialog box.
- The Remote Computer radio button appeared on the Recover dialog box when files from an open *.arc image file were saved. Fixed.
- The Open Image File dialog box (instead of the Save Image File one) appeared when an image file was to be saved. Fixed.
- If a file extension was removed on the Create Image dialog box, the file extension was not added automatically when the file type was changed. Fixed.
- There were errors when valid XML files were loaded. Fixed.
- An empty error message appeared when any value was completely deleted on the Properties pane in the debug mode. Fixed.
- File recovery errors were logged two times. Fixed.
- Text/hexadecimal editor could be opened from the Scan Information panel while scanning. Fixed.

Text/hexadecimal editor:
- Data was edited incorrectly outside 32-bit offsets.
- The Tools/Enable Write menu was active when read-only files (or files on CD discs) were opened. Fixed.
- Files not always could be changed. Fixed.
- Corrections in searches for template signatures.
- Corrections in jumps to the position necessary to display data when a template parameter is clicked.
- Corrections in jumps to the position displayed in Template offset on the Templates pane.
- There was no warning if an out-of-range value was entered into the Go filed. Fixed.

MichaelRTaylor

Re: R-Studio for Mac v2.5 Build 1021

Post by MichaelRTaylor » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:17 pm

I believe I was sent a Windows registration code, because it will not work. I've tried the attached file. I believe this because the links provided in the email are for .exe files.

I need a Mac registration code. Please help.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:39 am

MichaelRTaylor wrote:I believe I was sent a Windows registration code, because it will not work. I've tried the attached file. I believe this because the links provided in the email are for .exe files.

Please, contact our sales department to resolve this issue. sales (at) r-tt (dot) com

MichaelRTaylor

Post by MichaelRTaylor » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:40 am

Alt wrote:
MichaelRTaylor wrote:I believe I was sent a Windows registration code, because it will not work. I've tried the attached file. I believe this because the links provided in the email are for .exe files.

Please, contact our sales department to resolve this issue. sales (at) r-tt (dot) com
I have tried to reach anyone at R-TT and no one responds. I need to fix this today. I even tried reordering the correct "Mac" version and the order system would not let me. Please contact someone in sales to send me a Mac Reg. key.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:14 pm

As I understand, the problem is solved.