Recover normal files from a .dsk imag

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
m1tch37

Recover normal files from a .dsk imag

Post by m1tch37 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:26 pm

I have a .dsk image back up of a drive, and I want to recover some files off it. The thing is, the files i want to recover are not deleted, not erased, not corupted, nothing. They are standard, healthy, files on the image. My problem is is there is about 6000 normal files and 10 times that of recovered files. I just want to recover the normal files, but doing it one by one is unrealistic.

I see two solutions to this problem:

* Being able to filter found files by type, in my case, healthy files only.
* The ability to mount a .dsk image as a virtual drive, and just drag the files off

Is this possible? Can you mount a .dsk? What can I do?

Thanks
Mitch

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Recover normal files from a .dsk imag

Post by Alt » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:55 pm

Which program was used to create the .dsk file? If you can open this file in R-Studio as an image, do the following:
1. Open the file as a disk image. R-Studio Help -> Data Recovery Using R-Studio -> Advanced Data Recovery -> Images.
2. Open files on this image by double-clicking the image on the Drives panel
3. Click the Find button and select All Files and Mark all matched files, and clear Deleted files on the Find dialog box. R-Studio Help -> Data Recovery Using R-Studio -> Basic File Recovery -> Searching for a File.
4. Then recover the files. R-Studio Help -> Data Recovery Using R-Studio -> Basic File Recovery.

Mitch

Post by Mitch » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:54 pm

I find the files, but they appear in the "Find Results" pane. How do i then restore them?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:08 pm

Are you sure you selected Mark all matched files?