Why does it save some files then gets stuck on others

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
ozstar

Why does it save some files then gets stuck on others

Post by ozstar » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:56 pm

Hi,

Recovering an XP NTFS 500 GB disk which is not seen in XP.

I have noticed that all the folders and files on the partition are shown okay but when I try to recover the 'marked files', some show the green bar then recovers them okay, whilst others just sit there endlessley with no green bar and a 0 size at the destination folder.

One example is a txt file of 2kb. The panel just sits there.

I am puzzled why it does not give a message about why it cannot recover the file.

----EDITED LATER

Well it looks like it is recovering the files, but it is taking forever.. Is that normal?

I have selected only two folders out of over 80. The wav files went straightaway but the iso , txt and others seem to take a long time.

Thanks

oz

Many thanks

oz

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Why does it save some files then gets stuck on others

Post by Alt » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:10 am

It's hard to say without looking at the actual data. The first guess is that there are bad blocks on the disk which greatly slows reading data from a disk and therefore the overall data recovery process.

ozstar

Re: Why does it save some files then gets stuck on others

Post by ozstar » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:44 pm

Thank You. Yes I guess its the bad blocks. 24 hours has seen an iso of 700MB save 224kb.

Is their anyway to tell the program to skip the bad blocks and to keep saving those files which can be saved.

edited..

okay... Found it!!

Trying agian..

Thanks again,

oz