when i restored my computer

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
kpollock1

when i restored my computer

Post by kpollock1 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:53 pm

I restored my computer and when it restarted i see the system checking everything and then i see "bootable disk not exist" then is brings up my windows menu as in safe mode, safe mode with prompt and so on. I have tried to select start windows normally and it comes back to same screen and i have also tried with selecting load windows to the last known time it work properly and still getting the same thing. Of course i do not have a back up disk, but have tried turning computer on with windows cd in cd rom to boot that way and still same thing happening..........what can i do????? Please help me

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: when i restored my computer

Post by Alt » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:43 am

"I restored my computer" - does that mean you restored data on your disk from a backup? If yes, what program did you use?

kpollock

Post by kpollock » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:44 pm

No, I restored my windows to an earlier date and thats when everything went wrong.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:38 pm

I think is the only safe choice is to re-install Windows. You may also experiment with various options like fixboot, but I'm noot sure that will help.
If you need you file, you have to recover them using R-Undelete or R-Studio.