endless restore of bootex.log

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
matthias

endless restore of bootex.log

Post by matthias » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:10 am

The restoring of my hard drive is nearly finished, but before the end, the bootex.log (4 kb) was restored millions of times. and a lot of copies of this file are written at the target HDD.

This was a endless thing and always was the same messages written in the logfile. and 1000 files was created at target hdd.
Therefore i have stopped this after some hours.

But now i don´t know which data not restored. I hope it was the last file........... Ill watch before what i can take from the already restored data, i guess my lost emails are back and some home movies and some content archive.

Maybe this endless loop was there because i ha<ve chosen before "Rename all existing files". But the developer should do something against such endless loops.

Edit 200908220640 <li><a href="http://www.bipm.org/en/scientific/tai/time_server.html" title="" TARGET="F22">UTC</a></li>

If i setup that R-Studio skip files which already exists, it will also cause a endless loop at bootex.log..... It stay now for hours to restore this 4 kb file....... im worry, because my fax documents are not restored yet and restore single files are impossible because my hdd is maybe to big for R-Studio, its flooding the Ram and then when u find a single file and want restore it wont work. I placed 2GB ram in this computer and setup a bigger virtual memory file. But R-Studio will onl use 4GB Memory and it seems its not enough. And therefore i can only restore all files.... and this hang at this 4kb bootex.log, im really sad.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: endless restore of bootex.log

Post by Alt » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:44 pm

I passed the problem to our developers. They will try to solve the problem.

You may also try to install our 64-bit version on a 64-bit Windows machine with a lot of RAM, if available. That will ease the problem with the memory.
http://www.r-tt.com/downloads/rs64_en_5.exe

BTW, what is the link in your post? It crashed my Firefox.

matthias

Post by matthias » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:49 pm

The restore loop of bootex.log will need a week. i have decided to let this computer run this week. After some hours is sometimes a status bar visible, and after some days the status bar is grow. And now its 1,9 inches and the lenght of bar ist 16,3 inches..... It run already more than 2 days. I guess the bootex-loop - made by chkdsk - cause that all the other recovery programs cant finish the recovery process.

The HDD have i already destroyed - i work with the image. The loop-problem is also in the image.

Yes i should buy a 64 bit system, i will make it soon. But because of this bootex.log problem maybe all the ram in the world is not enough.... Thanks for answer. Not every crashed HDD have such a problem. I have made the error that i have let run chkdsk to long before i have decided to delete the partition and start recovery. chkdsk is really bad for recovery.

The link show only the UTC, the world time, its not very important. Maybe its a java script problem - my firefox crash not with it.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:10 am

chkdsk is the worst enemy of data!!! Not only for data recovery, it can destroy a fully functional disk within a minute.
About 64-bit version. If you have a not-expired support period for R-Studio, you don't have to buy it. Just download it. But keep in mind, it's worth doing if you have a 64-bit Windows version and a machine with +6GB of RAM.