recovery

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
immike

recovery

Post by immike » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:17 pm

Hello Everyone

Need help!!!!!!!!!!! The recovery program worked great recovered all files except 1.
On that 1 file I get the following message stop there is not enough space on the disk 4.8GB, its a 500GB back up drive. is there a file size limit Its one of the most inportant file it my outlook pst flie its over 5GB HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: recovery

Post by Alt » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:36 pm

The size of a recovered file is limited only by free space on the target disk and its file system. Check those parameters on your backup disk.

immike

Post by immike » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:50 pm

Target drive has 400+GB left its a WD 500MB MY book how do I find out about its file system?

immike

Post by immike » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:49 pm

The target drive is a WD 500GB My Book with 400+MB open. How to I find information about its file system I know there is lots of space just tried it agsin get same message
Mike

immike

Post by immike » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:11 pm

Hello Everyone

Need help!!!!!!!!!!! The recovery program worked great recovered all files except 1.
On that 1 file I get the following message stop there is not enough space on the disk 4.8GB, its a 500GB back up drive. is there a file size limit Its one of the most inportant file it my outlook pst flie its over 5GB HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!immike
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report this postReply with quote Re: recovery
by Alt on Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:36 pm

The size of a recovered file is limited only by free space on the target disk and its file system. Check those parameters on your backup disk.

Dont understand the target drive is a 500MB WD MY Book with over 400+MB of free space. The file says its 4.8MB it stops and gives the message the log says There is not enough space on the disk (112) Hope someone can help me understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:52 am

Please contact our tech support with this problem. Please provide a reference to this topic.

ComputerRick

Post by ComputerRick » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:36 am

You probably have this resolved, but I wanted to post the solution as reference for anyone that has the same issue.

MOST external drives use the FAT32 file system, which limits a single file to 4Gb.

Since you have a 4.8Gb file, you would need to restore that file to an NTFS partition.
You can convert your existing FAT32 drive to NTFS using a convert utility included with XP & Vista
that you can run from a command prompt.

If you're not comfortable with the command prompt, read
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/314097 for more specific details.