my r-studio stop and pc keep working

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
gangrel

my r-studio stop and pc keep working

Post by gangrel » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:38 pm

good night

i use r-studio 5 hERE at my home

my hd just crash and i try to recover some important files back

my hd had 3 partitions: C, D ,E

when i choose the partition i want and start scan,.. after some time... the program just stop doing its job
and the process dont develop..so i cant recover my files
on the log show something like

TYPE TEXT

DISK READ DISK G AT POSITION XXXXXX FAILED AFTER 2 ATTEMPS. ERRO DOS DADOS ( VERIFICACAO CICLICA DE REDUDANCIA ) (23)

WHY DOES IT HAPPEN ? DOES THE PROGRAM TRY TO READ AN AREA THAT IS REALY DMGED AND CANT READ????
CAN I IGNORE THIS AREA AND CONTINUE THE PROCESS??
IS IT AN ERROR THAT STOP THE PROCESS?? CAN I DO SOMETHING TO OCNTINUE ????

TY VERY MUCH

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: my r-studio stop and pc keep working

Post by Alt » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:05 pm

gangrel wrote:
TYPE TEXT
ERRO DOS DADOS ( VERIFICACAO CICLICA DE REDUDANCIA ) (23)
Please translate this into English.
My guess that it means Cyclic Redundancy Code error.
My understanding that this is indeed the damaged part of the disk. You may skip scanning it by specifying areas outside this part of the disk. The data from this part is most likely unrecoverable by any software, R-Studio included. If it contains important data, only data recovery professionals with an appropriate hardware can (if can) help. If that part contains file tables, the only way R-Studio can help is Known File Types.

gangrel

Post by gangrel » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:15 pm

"You may skip scanning it by specifying areas outside this part of the disk"

how i do that:???

that is it..the cyclic error

gangrel

Post by gangrel » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:48 pm

i noticed that all files have num,ber names

is there any way to keep file names intact as well?!

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:05 am

You may scan your disk in areas, not as a whole. Just skip the area where the disk is damaged. You may see how to do that in R-Studio help: Data Recovery Using R-Studio -> Advanced Data Recovery -> Disk Scan -> Multiple scans.
Just start at the beginning of the disk and finish when the errors appear. This will be the first area. You'll have to try the beginning of the second area where the bad disk part ends, maybe several times. Keep in mind that R-Studio accumulates the information from successive scans and keeps track of changes in this information obtained from different scans.
I recommend you to save the scan info just for not having to scan the disk each time you continue working with the disk.

Numbers in names means that R-Studio found some files but not their names. Those files are found as Known File Types (see the scan help page for details). You'll have to rename them manually later after recovery.